Yesterday, while at a family gathering, my Note 9 camera kept freezing and force closing. Two reboots got it back to normal. This morning, I read over on Android Authority that it's a known issue and Samsung is working on a fix. Hopefully soon, as the camera is kind of important during the holidays. Seems only on Snapdragon versions. Have you had any issues?
    Gray Area likes this.
    11-22-2018 07:32 AM
    there's been a few threads on here about it
    11-22-2018 07:52 AM
    Just seen an announcement from Samsung that said they are working on a fix
    Gray Area likes this.
    11-22-2018 10:30 AM
    While I'm glad that they are working on a fix, the fact that there is no timeline bothers me a bit. The camera is a huge part of the phone that they always boast about and the freezing during the holidays is going to make me miss a lot of shots. Fingers crossed it comes soon.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    11-22-2018 06:20 PM
    There’s a fairly large thread on the Samsung forums.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...es/td-p/387229

Edit: guess I should mention I have not personally experienced any issues with the camera on my Note 9.
    KupKrazy likes this.
    11-22-2018 08:24 PM
    Just seen an announcement from Samsung that said they are working on a fix
    That is a post from one of the moderators on Samsung Community. while they do have some information from Samsung i still would not take it as a very official Statement.
    11-23-2018 03:55 AM
    Is it the camera that's freezing up - or thew camera app? If it's the app, install a different app until they get the bug out.
    11-23-2018 11:36 AM
    Is it the camera that's freezing up - or thew camera app? If it's the app, install a different app until they get the bug out.
    I personally believe it's the app. I haven't been able to find another camera app that would utilize both cameras. I would love any suggestions for any good ones regardless, though. I installed CameraZOOM so far.
    11-23-2018 11:47 AM
    I personally believe it's the app. I haven't been able to find another camera app that would utilize both cameras. I would love any suggestions for any good ones regardless, though. I installed CameraZOOM so far.
    Bump
    Good question about utilizing both cameras....
    I'm not experiencing any problems either but I'd like to know about other apps
    11-23-2018 12:30 PM
    It freezes on a scene happened yesterday!
    11-24-2018 03:32 AM
    Samsung is working on software update to fix Galaxy Note 9’s camera freezing bug

https://www.talkandroid.com/335057-s...-freezing-bug/
    11-26-2018 06:34 PM
    Bump
    Good question about utilizing both cameras....
    I'm not experiencing any problems either but I'd like to know about other apps
    I use the Moment app and it does utilize the 1.5 aperture lens. It's only limitation is that it does not do video yet but will be able to soon. It also shoots faster than the stock camera app. Very intuitive app and no crazy junk or gimmick features.
    11-27-2018 08:36 AM
    There’s a fairly large thread on the Samsung forums.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...es/td-p/387229

Edit: guess I should mention I have not personally experienced any issues with the camera on my Note 9.
    Is it just me or did they lock all the threads in the Samsung forum from any new responses?
    12-11-2018 09:14 PM
    I believe this issue only affects the Snapdragon variants and not the Exynos ones
    12-11-2018 10:57 PM
    Oddly I'm experiencing this, but only when I access the camera OUTSIDE of the default camera app. If I open the camera in WhatsApp, for example, it momentarily freezes. Same if I use other apps that use the camera to take photos. But the default camera app is working fine for me. I vaguely remember reading other reports of this stating that it's a known problem to Samsung. I'll see if I can find a link later.

I've found that wiping the cache partition temporarily resolves the problem. Just a note to newbies: if you do this, make sure you Google the instructions and read them carefully so you don't accidentally factory reset your phone.
    12-12-2018 10:25 PM