Is it just me or is there really not much different 8 vs 9

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
The one thing holding me back is the insignificant difference.
I don't care about battery life because charging is easy, I don't care about the speakers because normally when I listen to music I'm in the office and using earbuds.
I guess the main reason I want it is because I haven't bought myself a toy all year and the stock market sucks so I won't be putting more money there anytime soon, aside from my 401K.
Wait for the next one.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If you can read "Climb's" post and still say "insignificant difference" then you probably shouldn't buy one! I've got one that's about 5 weeks old and I find Climb's post "On the Money"! I've had two Note 4's (Verizon and AT&T), a Note 5, a Note 7 and a Note 8 before the Note 9 (with a Galaxy S7 Active thrown in there) so I have something to compare against.

Again, for me it's because I haven't bought myself a toy all year.
Those things in climb's post do not impress me. As I said the speakers do not matter because I use earbuds, the battery doesn't matter because I can charge my phone whenever I want, the form factor doesn't matter because I use a case, changing tracks with the s-pen, I can change tracks using the earbuds, I wrote countless notes with my s-pen when looking for a new house, it works just fine on the note 8.
For me the differences are insignificant that's why I'm debating whether or not this is the toy I want.
What means a lot to one person can be insignificant to another.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Wait for the next one.

That's the other thing, thanks for reminding me.
Rumors about the note 10 vary. I read Samsung is ditching the iris scanner next time, I like the iris scanner. Later I read that the are improving facial recognition.
So if the ditch the iris scanner and/or face recognition on the note 10, I'm thinking I'd rather have the note 9.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Properly just be similar to current Intelligent Scan, somewhat like FaceID is for iPhone X series.

R&D probably has various prototypes to see which can be designed, and mass produced plus work with 9.0 Pie.

If I was shopping and $300 off vs waiting until next Aug-Sept....

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not really. It isn't going to increase in value so I can sell it at a profit and it isn't going to pay quarterly dividends.

Wasn't meaning money value, down the road be better off then note 8 better investment and happier

Last edited:

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the note 8 and I'm finding a huge upgrade, myself. The speakers are ehh... I just need a loud ringer. And I have it. But the battery is a huge upgrade for me.. Almost 10% more usage. And the 512 gigs and 8 gigs of ram are a massive game changer. Seriously. They hardly even make a 512 card but I'm using my 256 from my Note 8 and not even close to needing it... I have over 350 full albums/cds on the phones memory and that's only 90 gigs...lol...
The forum factor and the new color are pluses... And the s pen is COMPLETELY different than the note 8....im.finding reasons to use it... Lol
And say what you want to about the camera... I use Pro mode only... It's producing better pics than the note 8 did.... So...

Definitely better in my opinion..

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Note 8, for me it was double the on board storage (64 to 128), dual speakers, larger battery capacity and for Att band 14. The last one (band 14) was important because I’m on FirstNet through Att and they’re building out band 14 for better coverage. I’m happy with the upgrade.
How are you liking Firstnet? I was thinking about joining it. A few people at work switched but they arent hardcore geeks like us.

msingh48

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I had note 8. I used it for a year.Then I upgraded to note 9 two months ago. I can say without any hesitation that note 9 is much better. Camera is much better,Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos are fantastic. Battery backup is amazing.S pen is amazing now.Dex mode is much improved.No lag and speedy performance. If u would use it then you can see the difference.Designe wise it is very similar to 8.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I had note 8. I used it for a year.Then I upgraded to note 9 two months ago. I can say without any hesitation that note 9 is much better. Camera is much better,Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos are fantastic. Battery backup is amazing.S pen is amazing now.Dex mode is much improved.No lag and speedy performance. If u would use it then you can see the difference.Designe wise it is very similar to 8.
It's definitely just you.

Roll on the Note 10.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
OK so I think I figured out why I was having problems with my Note 9. I always set up a new phone as new not use the last back up from my old phone. In this case I assumed being the Note 8 and Note 9 were so similar that I used the "set up" using my last back up from my Note 8. I did a factory reset and set up my Note 9 as "set up as new device" all the issues I was having with the Note 9 went away. I guess there was some apps that were different, some that were out of date, some were no longer applicable to the Note 9. After setting up the Note 9 as new I can now say that the Note 9 is running great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12