Am not sure if this is the proper location for this question as this is more software related than device. *I think?*

However have a Note 9 & trying to figure out the glitch between receiving an email & linking it to the site. For example, the screen I get if I try to open Amazon or Ebay is blank & only says Open in. But no options are presented. It is the end of the line & have to close out of the email app to home & reopen email to begin again.

Maybe I am the issue or something in settings? But have never had this issue on previous phones.
    11-24-2018 09:16 AM
    This is the right forum, but I do not have experience with that issue.
    Could you post a screenshot?
    T48 likes this.
    11-24-2018 10:05 AM
    What email app are you using?

Have you tried another app to see if it happens there?

Have you tried clearing the cache of the app as well?
    T48 likes this.
    11-24-2018 10:15 AM
    Thanks for the super fast replies.
    Using Gmail app & tried the stock email app. Cleared cache in both & restarted phone to no avail. Also signed in to the specific app, in this case Amazon thinking may be it would link over.

It is not a super huge issue, just trying to make it work seamlessly.

N9 Email linking glitch?-screenshot_20181124-103829_amazon-shopping.jpg
    11-24-2018 10:46 AM
    Am not sure if this is the proper location for this question as this is more software related than device. *I think?*

However have a Note 9 & trying to figure out the glitch between receiving an email & linking it to the site. For example, the screen I get if I try to open Amazon or Ebay is blank & only says Open in. But no options are presented. It is the end of the line & have to close out of the email app to home & reopen email to begin again.

Maybe I am the issue or something in settings? But have never had this issue on previous phones.
    I have my Gmail app set to open web links in Gmail. That setting can be found in the Gmail app>settings>general settings. If I have that switched off, any email with a web link that is selected presents an “open with” pop up offering a choice of browers. Since yours is not offering any browser choices try the open web link in Gmail settings and see if that works.
    T48 likes this.
    11-24-2018 12:25 PM
    I wish I could help... I used to use the Gmail app... I have 3 Gmail accounts with over 20k messages in each...
    I now use the Microsoft Outlook app and I love it.
    On another note, Gmail now allows you to (on the pc only) to Select All Messages with the push of one button. For years I haven't been able to mark all my messages read.... Lol. Now I can.
    T48 likes this.
    11-24-2018 12:46 PM
    Thanks for the ideas. Tried everything mentioned above. However the issue was that I had disabled Chrome as am content with Samsungs browser. Apparently Google wants to be sure Chrome stays enabled. All gmail links from received emails now work.
    11-24-2018 07:25 PM
    Can you change Gmail to open links in default browser? That way it might use Samsung Internet instead. Normally Gmail wants to open links in a mini webview.
    11-25-2018 11:56 AM