Hi my parents have Note 9's on AT&T and recently have both started having an issue where the notifications for text messages will show a number 2 by the app and they only have one new message. It doesn't matter who is texting them it is happening for all texts. Once they check and read the text message it clears and shows no messages.

Any idea why this is happening and how they can fix it?
    11-25-2018 11:55 AM
    Hi my parents have Note 9's on AT&T and recently have both started having an issue where the notifications for text messages will show a number 2 by the app and they only have one new message. It doesn't matter who is texting them it is happening for all texts. Once they check and read the text message it clears and shows no messages.

Any idea why this is happening and how they can fix it?
    Any input on this?
    11-26-2018 04:31 PM
    I don't have a note 9 and I don't use the samsung text app, but on my note 8 using mood I notice that if a have a single thread with one person and that person also text me on a group thread I have 2 messages from that person.

I'll get the new message from them in the group thread and it also marks the last message from that person in the single thread as new.

Could that be what your parents are seeing?
    11-27-2018 08:51 PM