Note 9 SMS notification question.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi my parents have Note 9's on AT&T and recently have both started having an issue where the notifications for text messages will show a number 2 by the app and they only have one new message. It doesn't matter who is texting them it is happening for all texts. Once they check and read the text message it clears and shows no messages.

Any idea why this is happening and how they can fix it?

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi my parents have Note 9's on AT&T and recently have both started having an issue where the notifications for text messages will show a number 2 by the app and they only have one new message. It doesn't matter who is texting them it is happening for all texts. Once they check and read the text message it clears and shows no messages.

Any idea why this is happening and how they can fix it?

Any input on this?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a note 9 and I don't use the samsung text app, but on my note 8 using mood I notice that if a have a single thread with one person and that person also text me on a group thread I have 2 messages from that person.

I'll get the new message from them in the group thread and it also marks the last message from that person in the single thread as new.

Could that be what your parents are seeing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol