I Find Myself Being Less Careful w/ My Note 9

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why. I've always tried to be conscience of how I handled my other smart phones (most of them have been Galaxy S series). I think I have this mindset that it's a beast of a phone, a workhorse that doesn't need babied. Like it's meant to be man-handled LOL I'm not abusing it, not slamming it down on hard surfaces. It did get dropped (not by me) in a cherry/whipped cream cloud puff of a dessert on Thanksgiving. Much to the horror of many, I just washed it off under running water. Anyone else feel that you don't need to treat it with kid gloves?

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
"... to the horror of many..."?! What were they expecting you to do? Lick it 😀? 2018 has seen a good number of very good phones emerge. The Note 9 is my best (and most expensive phone) to date. I slapped an OtterBox Defender case on it immediately. I'm thinking of getting 2 Dobermans to guard it while I sleep. Have I answered your question? 😊

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh mine has a case and screen protector on it. I'll never go nekkid! And yes, by far the most expensive phone altho I did get mine a week or so after release for $700 from Verizon and they let me trade the 5 month old Pixel 2 XL with nothing more owed. It just seems like the difference between a pure bred poodle and Dingo from the Outback. I don't know, maybe it's all the Turkey day food and leftovers talking :eek:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm the opposite, but I know why. This is twice as much as I've paid for any phone AND it's made of glass.
I sure am digging this 8/512 Note 9, tho!

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It did get dropped (not by me) in a cherry/whipped cream cloud puff of a dessert on Thanksgiving. Much to the horror of many, I just washed it off under running water. Anyone else feel that you don't need to treat it with kid gloves?

But that sounds so much better than either a Samsung/Google cloud. Am curious if S/Health has a new opinion of dessert? ;)

Absolutely babied my last phone & a software issue killed it. Was irritated to have to buy another device this year. Like yours, my N9 has been in a case. But am not going out of the way to be careful. That said, absolutely love this phone.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
"... to the horror of many..."?! What were they expecting you to do? Lick it ??????? 2018 has seen a good number of very good phones emerge. The Note 9 is my best (and most expensive phone) to date. I slapped an OtterBox Defender case on it immediately. I'm thinking of getting 2 Dobermans to guard it while I sleep. Have I answered your question? ??????

Laughing.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Im still very careful with mine. It's not until I'm getting ready to upgrade when I start treating my phone like I don't care what happens to it. Lol

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Was scared to death of the Moto Z2 Force, screen pealing and what not. Its still perfect however the Note is treated without kid gloves. White Dome and just the LED Case or one of my leather wallet cases and hope for the best. Dont get me wrong I respect it just not going out of my way to baby it on every day use.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm actually doing good with mine. Normally i treat my phones with extreme care because I know I'm going to sell or return it. I finally think I may be able to keep this one and thus I'm finding I'm less careful as I feel like this is my phone. Not something I'm going to sell or return if that makes sense.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to be careful with mine. I have a case and screen protector on it and haven't yet made that rainy day video that I thought I would.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Yesterday, I took off my screen protector as bubbles was starting to appear at the edges and I realised how beautiful the screen was!

Now, I'm using it without a screen protector to fully appreciate its beauty. It helps though that I have a UAG case on that has quite a high lip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12