How's everyones Whitestone Dome installation holding up? Mines starting to peal on the sides

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a perfect installation back in September. Not sure if its because of the cold weather or what but I just started noticing the glue drying on the sides. :confused:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had a perfect installation back in September. Not sure if its because of the cold weather or what but I just started noticing the glue drying on the sides. :confused:

I had perfect installation on my s9+ and haven't experienced it , now on my note 9 I rushed it and I do see the edges like dry glue . What I will do is contact dome to send another one and just pay shipping as it lifetime replacement.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I experienced that on the Note 8 that I had earlier this year. Ordered one for my Note 9 that comes in Thursday. I'll take care to install as directed this time. Jay Williams on YouTube said he had one on his Note 8 for a year with no issues so I'm hoping for similar results on my Note 9.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I experienced that on the Note 8 that I had earlier this year. Ordered one for my Note 9 that comes in Thursday. I'll take care to install as directed this time. Jay Williams on YouTube said he had one on his Note 8 for a year with no issues so I'm hoping for similar results on my Note 9.

Definitely have to take your time with the installation and it should be fine

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Note after a perfect installation and contacted them for a replacement which they sent, in the meantime, I installed the second one from my original package and the same thing happened. I've read in another thread of many other users having the same issues and sure hope it's resolved. I haven't tried either if the replcaements that were sent.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Note after a perfect installation and contacted them for a replacement which they sent, in the meantime, I installed the second one from my original package and the same thing happened. I've read in another thread of many other users having the same issues and sure hope it's resolved. I haven't tried either if the replcaements that were sent.

Its just weird it didn't happen until over two months after the install. Before today the installation was perfect, no dust or misalignment.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Didn't realize there were issues on note 9 , hopefully the 2nd one you got works out better . My opinion for curved screen these seem to be most case friendly and stay on without touch issues.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Didn't realize there were issues on note 9 , hopefully the 2nd one you got works out better . My opinion for curved screen these seem to be most case friendly and stay on without touch issues.
Agreed... I just can't stand having something over this beautiful screen that looks like garbage after a few weeks.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Its just weird it didn't happen until over two months after the install. Before today the installation was perfect, no dust or misalignment.
My first one was over a month to go bad and the second only took a week. Hopefully they've fixed the issue. I'll put a replacement on tonight and report back if that goes bad.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

On my wife S8 plus still look as beautiful like day one. And my N9 still as beautiful as the day I put it on. Must be one of the bad batch Whitestone Dome Glass.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read the problem was only with the N9 and not any other phones.

Bummer, must be one of the bad batch they producing. I'm not experiencing this problem on my N9. Got it installed around June. Are you using case along with WSD?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Bummer, must be one of the bad batch they producing. I'm not experiencing this problem on my N9. Got it installed around June. Are you using case along with WSD?

I have a couple different cases that I use daily but know they were'nt causing my issue. I oranially ordered and installed in September and both in that pack were defective. Last night I installed the replacement they sent me and only change on small detail, normally I istall in the bathroom after running the shower to steam the room and elimante any dust. This time installed in the kitchen and just used the dust remover to keep clear, only time will tell now.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple different cases that I use daily but know they were'nt causing my issue. I oranially ordered and installed in September and both in that pack were defective. Last night I installed the replacement they sent me and only change on small detail, normally I istall in the bathroom after running the shower to steam the room and elimante any dust. This time installed in the kitchen and just used the dust remover to keep clear, only time will tell now.

Good Luck

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The dry glue is starting to spread on my Note 9 kind of annoying. I may just use my Oneplus 6T until I can order a replacement and feel compelled to put it on my device.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Let us know what you find after few weeks.

I installed so many WSD, and pretty good at it. TIPS: Before applying glass to the phone, shine white light and use dust removal kit provided, and hold breath for few seconds so no dust doesn't get disturb. Just finished installing one today for a buddy on his iPhone Xs Max (die hard Apple fan boy)… LOL

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have it on mine, however will probably never install another. Way too many issues being reported and personally I feel its over rated for the price. However after 2 months its still doing ok but the problems some folks are having easily could of been me. I for one always get the best of the best regardless of price. That may prove to be a mistake........someday!

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I gave up with glass protectors and went back to a good film one. Zero exposed glass, no case issues, s pen feels fine. Minor persistent pen strokes on the film, but infinitely better than any glass I tried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca