12-06-2018 09:38 AM
29 12
tools
    I had a perfect installation back in September. Not sure if its because of the cold weather or what but I just started noticing the glue drying on the sides.
    11-27-2018 10:33 AM
    I had a perfect installation back in September. Not sure if its because of the cold weather or what but I just started noticing the glue drying on the sides.
    I had perfect installation on my s9+ and haven't experienced it , now on my note 9 I rushed it and I do see the edges like dry glue . What I will do is contact dome to send another one and just pay shipping as it lifetime replacement.
    11-27-2018 10:44 AM
    I experienced that on the Note 8 that I had earlier this year. Ordered one for my Note 9 that comes in Thursday. I'll take care to install as directed this time. Jay Williams on YouTube said he had one on his Note 8 for a year with no issues so I'm hoping for similar results on my Note 9.
    mustang7757 and AustinTech like this.
    11-27-2018 10:53 AM
    I experienced that on the Note 8 that I had earlier this year. Ordered one for my Note 9 that comes in Thursday. I'll take care to install as directed this time. Jay Williams on YouTube said he had one on his Note 8 for a year with no issues so I'm hoping for similar results on my Note 9.
    Definitely have to take your time with the installation and it should be fine
    11-27-2018 11:01 AM
    I had the same issue on my Note after a perfect installation and contacted them for a replacement which they sent, in the meantime, I installed the second one from my original package and the same thing happened. I've read in another thread of many other users having the same issues and sure hope it's resolved. I haven't tried either if the replcaements that were sent.
    11-27-2018 11:25 AM
    I had the same issue on my Note after a perfect installation and contacted them for a replacement which they sent, in the meantime, I installed the second one from my original package and the same thing happened. I've read in another thread of many other users having the same issues and sure hope it's resolved. I haven't tried either if the replcaements that were sent.
    Its just weird it didn't happen until over two months after the install. Before today the installation was perfect, no dust or misalignment.
    11-27-2018 11:33 AM
    Didn't realize there were issues on note 9 , hopefully the 2nd one you got works out better . My opinion for curved screen these seem to be most case friendly and stay on without touch issues.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-27-2018 11:35 AM
    Didn't realize there were issues on note 9 , hopefully the 2nd one you got works out better . My opinion for curved screen these seem to be most case friendly and stay on without touch issues.
    Agreed... I just can't stand having something over this beautiful screen that looks like garbage after a few weeks.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-27-2018 11:37 AM
    Its just weird it didn't happen until over two months after the install. Before today the installation was perfect, no dust or misalignment.
    My first one was over a month to go bad and the second only took a week. Hopefully they've fixed the issue. I'll put a replacement on tonight and report back if that goes bad.
    11-27-2018 11:38 AM
    On my wife S8 plus still look as beautiful like day one. And my N9 still as beautiful as the day I put it on. Must be one of the bad batch Whitestone Dome Glass.
    mclarryjr likes this.
    11-27-2018 11:46 AM
    From what I've read the problem was only with the N9 and not any other phones.
    11-27-2018 12:02 PM
    From what I've read the problem was only with the N9 and not any other phones.
    Bummer, must be one of the bad batch they producing. I'm not experiencing this problem on my N9. Got it installed around June. Are you using case along with WSD?
    11-28-2018 02:08 PM
    Bummer, must be one of the bad batch they producing. I'm not experiencing this problem on my N9. Got it installed around June. Are you using case along with WSD?
    I have a couple different cases that I use daily but know they were'nt causing my issue. I oranially ordered and installed in September and both in that pack were defective. Last night I installed the replacement they sent me and only change on small detail, normally I istall in the bathroom after running the shower to steam the room and elimante any dust. This time installed in the kitchen and just used the dust remover to keep clear, only time will tell now.
    11-28-2018 02:32 PM
    I have a couple different cases that I use daily but know they were'nt causing my issue. I oranially ordered and installed in September and both in that pack were defective. Last night I installed the replacement they sent me and only change on small detail, normally I istall in the bathroom after running the shower to steam the room and elimante any dust. This time installed in the kitchen and just used the dust remover to keep clear, only time will tell now.
    Good Luck
    mclarryjr likes this.
    11-28-2018 02:42 PM
    The dry glue is starting to spread on my Note 9 kind of annoying. I may just use my Oneplus 6T until I can order a replacement and feel compelled to put it on my device.
    11-28-2018 02:46 PM
    Let us know what you find after few weeks.

I installed so many WSD, and pretty good at it. TIPS: Before applying glass to the phone, shine white light and use dust removal kit provided, and hold breath for few seconds so no dust doesn't get disturb. Just finished installing one today for a buddy on his iPhone Xs Max (die hard Apple fan boy)… LOL
    11-28-2018 03:33 PM
    The dry glue is starting to spread on my Note 9 kind of annoying. I may just use my Oneplus 6T until I can order a replacement and feel compelled to put it on my device.
    Your glue is cracking inside the glass? Dang!
    11-28-2018 03:34 PM
    Yes I have it on mine, however will probably never install another. Way too many issues being reported and personally I feel its over rated for the price. However after 2 months its still doing ok but the problems some folks are having easily could of been me. I for one always get the best of the best regardless of price. That may prove to be a mistake........someday!
    11-28-2018 04:14 PM
    Your glue is cracking inside the glass? Dang!
    It's like drying you can see it amount the right edge. At first it wasn't too noticeable but the drying has spread a tad too the screen.
    11-28-2018 05:38 PM
    I gave up with glass protectors and went back to a good film one. Zero exposed glass, no case issues, s pen feels fine. Minor persistent pen strokes on the film, but infinitely better than any glass I tried.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-28-2018 08:22 PM
    It's like drying you can see it amount the right edge. At first it wasn't too noticeable but the drying has spread a tad too the screen.
    I've had the same issue with 4 of these. 2 of them replaced directly by Whitestone after going through a painful replacement process. The other 2 I purchased in a twin pack from Amazon.

Basically there is no impact damage or interference, the issue is exactly as the other posts and that the glue actually appears to crack on the right and left sides and then eventually spreads.

Whitestone won't take responsibility for the problem. The continue to reply with responses that it is a install issue yet I've had no issues following the instructions and installing perfectly. It happens usually 2 weeks or so after installation.
    11-28-2018 08:24 PM
    I've had the same issue with 4 of these. 2 of them replaced directly by Whitestone after going through a painful replacement process. The other 2 I purchased in a twin pack from Amazon.

Basically there is no impact damage or interference, the issue is exactly as the other posts and that the glue actually appears to crack on the right and left sides and then eventually spreads.

Whitestone won't take responsibility for the problem. The continue to reply with responses that it is a install issue yet I've had no issues following the instructions and installing perfectly. It happens usually 2 weeks or so after installation.
    Yeah that's is exactly what is happening to me. I really liked the way it felt. I m using my backup device now until I order some new ones.
    11-28-2018 09:52 PM
    I just installed mine last night after the Otao, that I put on as I was setting up the phone yesterday afternoon was underwhelming.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-29-2018 03:24 PM
    No issues at all with mine
    12-01-2018 09:30 AM
    No issues at all with mine
    How long have you had it installed?
    12-01-2018 02:25 PM
29 12