(Rumor) Our Note 9s will be junk compared to THIS!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If this is indeed. True. I even wonder if the 12gb of RAM will be only for Asian markets and maybe 8gb or 10gb for the rest.

I very doubt 12gb will be standard on the plus model. I'm thinking 8gb or at the most 10gb and the super premium model will be 12gb and one TB and like $1600.

I very doubt Samsung can have the s10 Plus with only 12gb. That would not sell well.

Usually the next S phone is only a small upgrade over the Note phone. This will be a monster upgrade then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JN7xgzzYCE

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Our Note 9s will be junk compared to THIS!

Junk my *** lol. You kill me sometimes🤣 no way in hell my note9 will be considered junk. 8gb is enough for me. And besides if the s10 did get the 12gb of ram then note10 might also. If that is true.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

Just imagine what the Note 10 will be like. Think about that. This will be the first year I skip a S series...well maybe.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Ill never think of my Note 9 as junk. To anything. Its value is based on the uswr interpretation. I love it. For me, its been by far the best phone Ive ever had.

For me, junk is say an OLD nokia phone with rubber buttons or some clamshell walmart prepaid thing thats like $20.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hey I'm the only one that can call my phone junk lol....s10 has nothing on the note 9 maybe note 10

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, as others have said, 512 GB and 8 GB RAM is hardly junk. These specs plus dual cameras and the Bluetooth S pen should be more than enough to provide at least a couple of years of performance and features.

There's one thing that I'd like to see changed when I change phones. And that's a return to high MP cameras. Currently, I'm running my Note 9 in 8 MP. For the reason that is the only aspect ratio that fills the whole screen. I hate photos with black bars on the sides.

When you pinch zoom it's evident there could be a bit more detail resolution. Apparently the new sensors go up to 24 MP which I look forward to.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, as others have said, 512 GB and 8 GB RAM is hardly junk. These specs plus dual cameras and the Bluetooth S pen should be more than enough to provide at least a couple of years of performance and features.
Ive got the 128 gb and still. Nowhere near Junk.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

If the specs are true, then IMO that's just overkill. I'm not paying $1000+ for that. I won't even notice all that in real world usage.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

If the specs are true, then IMO that's just overkill. I'm not paying $1000+ for that. I won't even notice all that in real world usage.

I'm starting to agree with you on this. I'd like to see other developments advanced rather rather than needless RAM and unnecessary storage.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I just can't believe they jump from 6gb and 8gb flagship to 12. Either that is an high end Asian only model or just some BS rumors as of now. The price tag for that would be in the range of 1500 to 2grand. If they have trouble selling the Note right now with a $1000 price tag I can't see how they can make the s10 plus have a 50 to 100 percent price hike over the s9 plus.

Sales would totally be tanked and s9 and Note 9 signs are less than stellar. Apple with the sluggish start to the Xs due to the price as well.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I just can't believe they jump from 6gb and 8gb flagship to 12. Either that is an high end Asian only model or just some BS rumors as of now. The price tag for that would be in the range of 1500 to 2grand. If they have trouble selling the Note right now with a $1000 price tag I can't see how they can make the s10 plus have a 50 to 100 percent price hike over the s9 plus.

Sales would totally be tanked and s9 and Note 9 signs are less than stellar. Apple with the sluggish start to the Xs due to the price as well.

If that's the asking price 1500.00 to 2000 I say good luck to any manufacturer for 2019 because I'm not buying in that price range. 1,000 is max and that's pushing it

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I would if it were super fast and gave 8 hours sot but Samsung could put a 10 mAh battery in their phone and Android Sys would still mysteriously eat up the battery while asleep and we'd get 5 hours sot.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

There's one thing that I'd like to see changed when I change phones. And that's a return to high MP cameras. Currently, I'm running my Note 9 in 8 MP. For the reason that is the only aspect ratio that fills the whole screen. I hate photos with black bars on the sides.

When you pinch zoom it's evident there could be a bit more detail resolution. Apparently the new sensors go up to 24 MP which I look forward to.

Go to much higher resolutions and you'll lose a lot of the low light performance. Now if they go to a larger sensor, then a higher resolution could be had with similar low light abilities, or even better low light abilities at the same resolution. There's also the issue of lens resolution. If you put a theoretical 100MP sensor of the same physical size in your phone, the final image may only be effectively around 12-16MP because of the imperfections of the lens. Even DSLR's with their much larger lenses and sensors can sometimes have issues resolving 24MP unless you spend a few hundred dollars or more on a lens to do it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I would if it were super fast and gave 8 hours sot but Samsung could put a 10 mAh battery in their phone and Android Sys would still mysteriously eat up the battery while asleep and we'd get 5 hours sot.

I get between 8-10 SOT all day battery and more