Unlocked note 9 pie beta live

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
What happens after you register? I click the register button then it goes to the terms and conditions they I hit register again and it goes straight back to the Samsung + home screen again. I did it several times and I have not received the update. Is there more to the registration process?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I saw in this thread. Does Verizon no longer sell unlocked phones, or do they sell both? I'm definitely confused, since the S7 I just upgraded from was unlocked.

As far as I know Verizon SM-960U is sim unlocked . But is tied to Verizon to get updates as its consider carrier model.

The SM-N60U1 is factory unlocked gets its update from Samsung /cleaner no carrier app's preinstalled

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What happens after you register? I click the register button then it goes to the terms and conditions they I hit register again and it goes straight back to the Samsung + home screen again. I did it several times and I have not received the update. Is there more to the registration process?

Your registered just keep checking it eventually let you download

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I really want to get back to oreo but smart switch doesn't give an option when I go in it. Someone help me put here

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I really want to get back to oreo but smart switch doesn't give an option when I go in it. Someone help me put here

If you know how to flash through Odin find the files for November patch and flash them .

But you shouldn't have issue in smart switch.. it should told your on beta and click if u like to latest stable oreo build

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know Verizon SM-960U is sim unlocked . But is tied to Verizon to get updates as its consider carrier model.

The SM-N60U1 is factory unlocked gets its update from Samsung /cleaner no carrier app's preinstalled

Ah, OK. So, as far as this beta is concerned, Verizon phones are not eligible then, right?
I just got off the phone with Verizon and they assured me I can move the phone to another carrier if I chose - so it's unlocked that way.
I guess I'll just have to wait for the update in January...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ah, OK. So, as far as this beta is concerned, Verizon phones are not eligible then, right?
I just got off the phone with Verizon and they assured me I can move the phone to another carrier if I chose - so it's unlocked that way.
I guess I'll just have to wait for the update in January...

Yeah at this time no carrier can get in , as for sim you should be able to use any .

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If you know how to flash through Odin find the files for November patch and flash them .

But you shouldn't have issue in smart switch.. it should told your on beta and click if u like to latest stable oreo build

Just went into smart switch again. Gives no option for this. Just ask if I want to transfer from another phone and the option to use a cord or wireless transfer.

Even Samsung plus app acts up. I really hate this and want it off my device!

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Just went into smart switch again. Gives no option for this. Just ask if I want to transfer from another phone and the option to use a cord or wireless transfer.

Even Samsung plus app acts up. I really hate this and want it off my device!

You need to use smart switch on the pc and connect your phone to it, not the smart switch app on the phone. Once you connect your phone to the PC, it will detect the software and offers you the option to downgrade to a previous version.

It will also allow you to backup your device to your computer, which I highly recommend before downgrading, just in case.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You need to use smart switch on the pc and connect your phone to it, not the smart switch app on the phone. Once you connect your phone to the PC, it will detect the software and offers you the option to downgrade to a previous version.

It will also allow you to backup your device to your computer, which I highly recommend before downgrading, just in case.

Thank you

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you noticed many bugs in the beta? Any app's not working?

• Samsung Plus app freezes
  • Touchdown HD email app does not work
  • Battery just ok at this point - hopefully it will improve
  • No Themes download but if you had themes downloaded from Oreo, they will work and you can apply them.
  • No Goodlock
  • Maybe it's just me but the camera app seems a bit better based on what I Noticed like the blurring effect in live focus. Again it could just be me.

Noticed that I have to get used to having having all the selection menu options at the bottom. So used to going to the top that having to make adjustments but eventually it will happen :)