Actual phone call sounds.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay I've had this phone for 3 months. I've contacted T-Mobile, stopped at T-Mobile store and they have changed my SIM card and it has not helped. My actual phone calls sound while listening to other people is absolutely horrible. I struggle to actually hear what they're saying. The sound quality is just not good at all. Nowhere near as good as what my Note 5 had. I've gone in and out of settings and checked things multiple times. When I am in my car and I am linked to Bluetooth the sound is fine through the Bluetooth speaker in my car. But using the actual phone itself it's a no-go. Any tips besides a reset? Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay I've had this phone for 3 months. I've contacted T-Mobile, stopped at T-Mobile store and they have changed my SIM card and it has not helped. My actual phone calls sound while listening to other people is absolutely horrible. I struggle to actually hear what they're saying. The sound quality is just not good at all. Nowhere near as good as what my Note 5 had. I've gone in and out of settings and checked things multiple times. When I am in my car and I am linked to Bluetooth the sound is fine through the Bluetooth speaker in my car. But using the actual phone itself it's a no-go. Any tips besides a reset? Thanks

Maybe try restarting the phone, helps with glitch sometimes

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Restarting the phone? My phone has been restarted every day for the last 3 months LOL. Restarting is not going to do anything. It's been going on for months.

Oh sorry didn't realize it's on going issue, I would call Samsung for a replacement.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It could be the speaker is defective. Could you elaborate on what you mean by sounding horrible? I.e. Just quiet, static sounds, cutting in and out, etc?

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It could be the speaker is defective. Could you elaborate on what you mean by sounding horrible? I.e. Just quiet, static sounds, cutting in and out, etc?
It's not very clear and has a few noises. Not anywhere near the quality of a phone sound than previous phones I've had.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd try to find someone else with that phone and do a test call to see if it sounds the same. Or let the store make a test call on yours to see what they think about it. Either way, I'm still leaning towards a hardware defect and would see about a warranty exchange.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I forgot you posted in the Note 9 forum. My wife just got hers yesterday (on Verizon, so slightly different than yours), and she said I sound just fine when I called her. So yeah, unless T-Mobile has a good reason to believe it's software related, I'd do a warranty exchange on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae