Okay I've had this phone for 3 months. I've contacted T-Mobile, stopped at T-Mobile store and they have changed my SIM card and it has not helped. My actual phone calls sound while listening to other people is absolutely horrible. I struggle to actually hear what they're saying. The sound quality is just not good at all. Nowhere near as good as what my Note 5 had. I've gone in and out of settings and checked things multiple times. When I am in my car and I am linked to Bluetooth the sound is fine through the Bluetooth speaker in my car. But using the actual phone itself it's a no-go. Any tips besides a reset? Thanks
    11-28-2018 11:29 AM
    Okay I've had this phone for 3 months. I've contacted T-Mobile, stopped at T-Mobile store and they have changed my SIM card and it has not helped. My actual phone calls sound while listening to other people is absolutely horrible. I struggle to actually hear what they're saying. The sound quality is just not good at all. Nowhere near as good as what my Note 5 had. I've gone in and out of settings and checked things multiple times. When I am in my car and I am linked to Bluetooth the sound is fine through the Bluetooth speaker in my car. But using the actual phone itself it's a no-go. Any tips besides a reset? Thanks
    Maybe try restarting the phone, helps with glitch sometimes
    11-28-2018 11:35 AM
    Maybe try restarting the phone, helps with glitch sometimes
    Restarting the phone? My phone has been restarted every day for the last 3 months LOL. Restarting is not going to do anything. It's been going on for months.
    11-28-2018 11:44 AM
    Restarting the phone? My phone has been restarted every day for the last 3 months LOL. Restarting is not going to do anything. It's been going on for months.
    Oh sorry didn't realize it's on going issue, I would call Samsung for a replacement.
    11-28-2018 11:45 AM
    It could be the speaker is defective. Could you elaborate on what you mean by sounding horrible? I.e. Just quiet, static sounds, cutting in and out, etc?
    11-28-2018 11:46 AM
    It could be the speaker is defective. Could you elaborate on what you mean by sounding horrible? I.e. Just quiet, static sounds, cutting in and out, etc?
    It's not very clear and has a few noises. Not anywhere near the quality of a phone sound than previous phones I've had.
    11-28-2018 02:36 PM
    I'd try to find someone else with that phone and do a test call to see if it sounds the same. Or let the store make a test call on yours to see what they think about it. Either way, I'm still leaning towards a hardware defect and would see about a warranty exchange.
    11-28-2018 02:45 PM
    I forgot you posted in the Note 9 forum. My wife just got hers yesterday (on Verizon, so slightly different than yours), and she said I sound just fine when I called her. So yeah, unless T-Mobile has a good reason to believe it's software related, I'd do a warranty exchange on it.
    11-28-2018 02:55 PM