AT&T December Update Patch

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow seriously? I'm still on July patch.lmao

Which version on the Note 9 do you have (Exynos vs Qualcomm and Unlocked or carrier version)? That is very odd that you are still on July. I have the unlocked US version on Sprint and received the November one a couple of days ago. sorry you are dealing with that

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Which version on the Note 9 do you have (Exynos vs Qualcomm and Unlocked or carrier version)? That is very odd that you are still on July. I have the unlocked US version on Sprint and received the November one a couple of days ago. sorry you are dealing with that
I'm locked on att. Where do I find the other information?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If you bought the phone from ATT then you are probably on the Qualcomm model since those are the only ones sold by carriers in the US. Why is not ATT helping flash the software for you?
Every time I call or chat with them I get a different story. First I was told to put my phone in safe mode and that would fix it, then I got told to factory reset and the update would come up that way, and the last time I talked to them she told me that the up that was listed on the site was only for the notes with that firmware number. Needless to say they don't know what they are talking about. Lol

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Every time I call or chat with them I get a different story. First I was told to put my phone in safe mode and that would fix it, then I got told to factory reset and the update would come up that way, and the last time I talked to them she told me that the up that was listed on the site was only for the notes with that firmware number. Needless to say they don't know what they are talking about. Lol

Just out curiosity, I assume you have already tried the safe mode and factory reset. The alternative option is to download the actual update files from possibly sammobile.com and flash the update using ODIN and maybe that will fix the issue for future updates https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/. I am not aware of a setting within the phone that disables phone updates so this is a weird one for sure.

Are you using package disabler or a similar app of some sort to disable bloatware? If yes, do you think maybe you disabled a file that is needed for updates.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just out curiosity, I assume you have already tried the safe mode and factory reset. The alternative option is to download the actual update files from possibly sammobile.com and flash the update using ODIN and maybe that will fix the issue for future updates https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/. I am not aware of a setting within the phone that disables phone updates so this is a weird one for sure.

Are you using package disabler or a similar app of some sort to disable bloatware? If yes, do you think maybe you disabled a file that is needed for updates.
I am using package disable and the only thing I disabled is Bixby. I also did the factory reset on both note 9s ( I had this issue on my first note 9). I have been looking on Sam mobile, but I have no idea how to use odin correctly. Last time I tried to use it I bricked my phone so I'm not sure I should even try it.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I am using package disable and the only thing I disabled is Bixby. I also did the factory reset on both note 9s ( I had this issue on my first note 9). I have been looking on Sam mobile, but I have no idea how to use odin correctly. Last time I tried to use it I bricked my phone so I'm not sure I should even try it.

Yes ODIN can be tricky. Do you mind sharing a list of the items you have disabled using Package disabler. It is weird to me that you are not receiving any updates and there are have been quite a few considering you are still on July.

Let me ask, did you try doing the update of firmware directly after a factory reset and before installing any apps?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes ODIN can be tricky. Do you mind sharing a list of the items you have disabled using Package disabler. It is weird to me that you are not receiving any updates and there are have been quite a few considering you are still on July.

Let me ask, did you try doing the update of firmware directly after a factory reset and before installing any apps?
I did try to update before I started putting my apps back on the phone. Here's what I disabled. I thought I did Bixby but I didn't. Screenshot_20181130-142112_Package%20Disabler%20Pro.jpeg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2