Hey all!

Recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 from a BlackBerry KeyOne. Liking the screen real estate but struggling with a couple of things.

1. Secure WiFi... this pops up whenever I'm on a public WiFi network, and it seems great, except that it seems like it's just McAfee wanting me to subscribe for a monthly fee. Anyone paying for this or another service or should I just disable notifications on it or ???

2. Pop-ups from Facebook... occasionally when I'm cruising the Facebook feed and click on a story to read, it opens the story up, but it also kicks me over to a spam advertisement in Google Chrome about winning a prize. I thought it was a specific news organization that I follow, but it doesn't seem to be just that one. And it doesn't happen all the time, but at least once a day. I always just close the tab in Google Chrome and go back to the Facebook post.

I had my BlackBerry KeyOne setup exactly the same way and never had these issues, but I did utilize the DTEK app on that device.

Any guidance is appreciated!
    12-03-2018 03:51 PM
    Hi , welcome to the Note side
    I usually disable secure wifi
    on the Facebook im not to sure as I dont use soc media that much maybe someone else can help out.

hope to see you around here we have lot good people in this thread can help out
    12-03-2018 05:02 PM
    My 1st suggestion is to uninstall the Facebook app and use the browser bookmark option instead. FB app is notorious for issues on ios and Android... Use the browser.
    Next, I would NEVER use wifi in a public area unless you're doing useless browsing... Yes, McAfee is unnecessarily badgering you into their nonsense which will inevitably lead to asking you for money... Use your mobile data in these situations. That's what it's there for. I only use wifi at home and at work.

These, of course, are just suggestions..
    bigedschukar likes this.
    12-03-2018 07:48 PM
    Is the mcafee an app? I have the Verizon Note 9 and don't see it. I checked system and disabled apps.
    12-03-2018 09:34 PM
    Is the mcafee an app? I have the Verizon Note 9 and don't see it. I checked system and disabled apps.
    On the tmobile it has a app u can uninstall , on the unlocked it was in device maintenance security
    12-03-2018 09:46 PM
    You can't uninstall Facebook but you can disable it.

I prefer to use Facebook lite which is way less resource hungry.

I personally prefer not to use wifi at all but don't pay for that stuff it's not needed imo.

Enjoy your phone and all that it brings.
    12-18-2018 04:48 AM
    Hey all!

Recently switched to a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 from a BlackBerry KeyOne. Liking the screen real estate but struggling with a couple of things.

1. Secure WiFi... this pops up whenever I'm on a public WiFi network, and it seems great, except that it seems like it's just McAfee wanting me to subscribe for a monthly fee. Anyone paying for this or another service or should I just disable notifications on it or ???

2. Pop-ups from Facebook... occasionally when I'm cruising the Facebook feed and click on a story to read, it opens the story up, but it also kicks me over to a spam advertisement in Google Chrome about winning a prize. I thought it was a specific news organization that I follow, but it doesn't seem to be just that one. And it doesn't happen all the time, but at least once a day. I always just close the tab in Google Chrome and go back to the Facebook post.

I had my BlackBerry KeyOne setup exactly the same way and never had these issues, but I did utilize the DTEK app on that device.

Any guidance is appreciated!
    If you use Samsung internet with ad blockers, Set Facebook to open links externally and you will get zero ads or pop-ups. Chrome on mobile is trash and an ad magnet.
    12-18-2018 07:33 AM