Does anyone else have issues with hitting the "numbers" button on the keyboard when typing?

travis9935

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have issues with hitting the "numbers" button on the keyboard when typing?

Anyone else have the problem of constantly hitting the Right lower corner "change to number" in the middle of texting.. No matter what I change its still a issue! Uggg20181203_183552.jpeg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
re: Does anyone else have issues with hitting the "numbers" button on the keyboard when typing?

Anyone else have the problem of constantly hitting the Right lower corner "change to number" in the middle of texting.. No matter what I change its still a issue! UgggView attachment 294966

Not having that issue, try resetting keyboard see if takes care it

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
re: Does anyone else have issues with hitting the "numbers" button on the keyboard when typing?

Anyone else have the problem of constantly hitting the Right lower corner "change to number" in the middle of texting.. No matter what I change its still a issue! UgggView attachment 294966
No issues here.

Do you have a screen protector on? If so maybe that is causing the issue???

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Is this your first edged screen phone? If it is there might be a bit of a learning curve on holding it differently. Your hand may be touching the edge as you type. If you get Samsung Good Lock (from the Galaxy App Store), it has a bundled app called Edge Touch that can create sort of dead zones on the edge to help with this.

StephaneM60

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site

Is this your first edged screen phone? If it is there might be a bit of a learning curve on holding it differently. Your hand may be touching the edge as you type. If you get Samsung Good Lock (from the Galaxy App Store), it has a bundled app called Edge Touch that can create sort of dead zones on the edge to help with this.

I agree totally, the bottom of @travis9935 hand can very well touch the number button.

So there is Edge Touch sure, but you can also resize and move the keyboard. When I was using the Samsung keyboard, this is what I was doing : resizing the keyboard so that it was not touching the edge (my issue was tapping on keys near the edge)

Also, you can change Keyboard : I now use Google, I also use Swiftkey (I principally swipe instead of tapping)

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else have the problem of constantly hitting the Right lower corner "change to number" in the middle of texting.. No matter what I change its still a issue! Uggg

I don't and that's most likely because I use the S Pen to type/swype. The skin on my fingertips is dry/damaged (years of thyroid issues), so I rarely use touch features. Also why I don't use the FPS.

I see we're both using SwiftKey and the same theme except I dropped the Beta and reverted to an older apk to get rid of that damned bing search.

Screenshot_20181204-082106.jpg

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Re: Does anyone else have issues with hitting the "numbers" button on the keyboard when typing?

Disabling the "edge" functionality of the device should fix it - worked for my S8+.