I've just noticed after a couple weeks with the phone that when I initialize the rear facing camera, I hear two pretty subtle, but audible clicks coming from the lenses/sensors. Wondering if this happens to anybody else or if I should contact Samsung about it.

I can also hear something if I gently shake the phone. It sounds like it comes from the same spot on the camera lense.

I haven't been very impressed with this phone's camera since I got it, and it seems like many users feel quite differently. Wondering if there could be something wrong with my device.

Thanks
    12-04-2018 07:53 AM
    I've just noticed after a couple weeks with the phone that when I initialize the rear facing camera, I hear two pretty subtle, but audible clicks coming from the lenses/sensors. Wondering if this happens to anybody else or if I should contact Samsung about it.

I can also hear something if I gently shake the phone. It sounds like it comes from the same spot on the camera lense.

I haven't been very impressed with this phone's camera since I got it, and it seems like many users feel quite differently. Wondering if there could be something wrong with my device.

Thanks
    I have the same sound when I shake my note 9. It's supposed to be like that, it's the OIS, that's why the lens can be moved around. So when you shake your phone the lens and it's housing is moving as well.
    mrb1946 likes this.
    12-04-2018 08:24 AM
    As above, IOS is the explanation.
    I don't know if the dual aperture lens makes noise but it would make sense to be it if it's when you open the camera
    mrb1946 likes this.
    12-04-2018 08:45 AM
    Thanks, guys. I won't worry about it then.
    12-04-2018 09:03 AM