Is anyone else having sound issues?

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
When i first purchased this phone, i was watching Netflix and the sound from the phone was AMAZING, but when i tried to watch a movie on the phone over the weekend, i only have sound out of the bottom speaker. does anyone else have this issue? does anyone know of a fix?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the top speaker went bad, if the phone is new, I'd ask for a replacement. There's no "fix" except replacing the speaker.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When i first purchased this phone, i was watching Netflix and the sound from the phone was AMAZING, but when i tried to watch a movie on the phone over the weekend, i only have sound out of the bottom speaker. does anyone else have this issue? does anyone know of a fix?

See if any Gunk is in the ear piece speaker , happened with my s9+ and I cleaned with soft toothbrush

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
i checked that, there's no gunk in the ear piece, i've barely used it. i contacted Samsung and they want me to take it to a local repair store (YoubreakWefix is the name of the store), but i honestly shouldnt have to have it repaired this soon.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i checked that, there's no gunk in the ear piece, i've barely used it. i contacted Samsung and they want me to take it to a local repair store (YoubreakWefix is the name of the store), but i honestly shouldnt have to have it repaired this soon.

If no gunk build up in ear piece then yeah they should send you another one.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
ALRIGHT! the update is that they want me to take it to a Samsung authorized repair store where they will either fix it or say that it needs to be exchanged. Honestly, i've had this phone less than 30 days, and if it already needs to be repaired, i dont know if that's a phone that i want to keep.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ALRIGHT! the update is that they want me to take it to a Samsung authorized repair store where they will either fix it or say that it needs to be exchanged. Honestly, i've had this phone less than 30 days, and if it already needs to be repaired, i dont know if that's a phone that i want to keep.

Sorry about your experience but they should do exchange right off the bat only 30 days but give them a chance see what ifixit does.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You can try testing your speakers in service mode. In the phone dialer enter *#0*# and run the speaker test.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
***UPDATE*** so friday night, i went to the Sprint store and their tech guy was new and ran trhu all the tests but couldn't find the issue. so i went around the corner (literally) to the ubreakifix store where i had an appointment, and within 3-5 minutes they resolved the issue by using the *#0*# screen that mhunter6378 told me about, so now i'm back in love with my Note 9!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
***UPDATE*** so friday night, i went to the Sprint store and their tech guy was new and ran trhu all the tests but couldn't find the issue. so i went around the corner (literally) to the ubreakifix store where i had an appointment, and within 3-5 minutes they resolved the issue by using the *#0*# screen that mhunter6378 told me about, so now i'm back in love with my Note 9!

Glad your back loving your note again, and good tip for rest of us ..

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

Did it take you back readily? Juliet (from Romeo........) would have been greatly disappointed by such lack of faith that you exhibited. 😀