I got the 9.0 beta and this really sucks. I can't get my Gear S3 to pair up now and it keeps saying I need to update the app but it keeps crashing when I try to.

Someone said go to Smart Switch but when I go Smart Switch it doesn't have any options except to pair or connect to an old device via the NFC or wireless.
    12-06-2018 02:30 AM
    I got the 9.0 beta and this really sucks. I can't get my Gear S3 to pair up now and it keeps saying I need to update the app but it keeps crashing when I try to.

Someone said go to Smart Switch but when I go Smart Switch it doesn't have any options except to pair or connect to an old device via the NFC or wireless.
    I think they mean't using smart switch on your pc to your phone. You could try it but I don't know if it will roll you back to Oreo it might. If not flashing latest Oreo version via Odin should work.
    Do you get any error messages when trying to update you app?
    12-06-2018 03:55 AM
    I think they mean't using smart switch on your pc to your phone. You could try it but I don't know if it will roll you back to Oreo it might. If not flashing latest Oreo version via Odin should work.
    Do you get any error messages when trying to update you app?
    No error message it doesn't update and then kicks you out of the gear app.

Oh and gmail doesn't fully work as well. In the to address box it wont connect to address book and let auto guess the email address. A big pain when needing to send an email.

Wouldn't Samsung know to have this basic stuff working even on beta? I so want oreo back.
    12-06-2018 08:54 AM
    Have you tried to clear cache and data in the app's that are acting up?

With a search, you should be able to find instructions to roll back to Oreo here.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/how-to
    12-06-2018 09:55 AM
    Have you tried to clear cache and data in the app's that are acting up?

With a search, you should be able to find instructions to roll back to Oreo here.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/how-to
    I see no solution on there so I asked the question.

Would factory reset get me back to Oreo and off this beta crap? Even Samsugn Plus won't load for me. I tried clear it's cache.
    12-06-2018 10:57 AM
    I see no solution on there so I asked the question.

Would factory reset get me back to Oreo and off this beta crap? Even Samsugn Plus won't load for me. I tried clear it's cache.
    Factory reset won't get you back to Oreo the only way would be flashing back using Odin which I'm not familiar with. However a factory reset may help solve some of your issues but could also not fix anything, no guarantees.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-06-2018 11:12 AM
    Before doing a factory reset which will wipe all user apps and data on your phone I would try first from recovery mode wiping cache and dalvik then reboot see if that makes a difference. A factory reset will restore the device to an out of box state and won't solve any issues if apps are not compatible with Android 9 yet and in general should be a last resort.
    mclarryjr likes this.
    12-06-2018 12:42 PM
    Samsung Community where others likely are reporting bugs such as this.

Not uncommon to need to reset and go through trial and error. I had to factory reset twice with S8+ during Oreo beta.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-06-2018 01:32 PM
    I suggest if your not familiar with flashing Odin or how to go back to Oreo should wait until official pie comes to your device , it will be less painful and save you headache.
    12-06-2018 01:38 PM
    When I had the beta on my S7E, I recall they had a few updates along the way to address issues. Some got 2 updates, others got around 4. These are the types of things being in the beta they want you to report so they can fix them. If it's something that affects most users, I would think it would be addressed in an update.
    12-06-2018 09:15 PM
    restart the phone clear the cache. mine did that as well now all work fine
    12-06-2018 09:22 PM
    You probably would have to reflash back to Oreo using Odin. Our own @Rukbat made a guide on how to use Odin: https://forums.androidcentral.com/am...interface.html

Be advised: Flashing a ROM with Odin is exactly like doing a factory reset. Everything will have to get set back up again. Back up anything that hasn't been backed up before proceeding.
    12-07-2018 09:34 AM