Do you feel you made a mistake?

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't going to get the Note9. I have been happy with the Note 8 and from all I had read, there weren't enough upgrades to make me want to jump in with both feet...

Fast Forward to the past month. I had left my phone at the grocery store, at a bowling alley, and at a restaurant. Also during the last month, I have dropped my phone 4 times and a few lil drops. Once on the driveway, twice I slipped in the snow and last but not least, I knocked it off the desk and it hit the side of the dog bowl. Each time I left it behind or dropped it, I had the thought Oh well, I will just get the Note9... Well, The last drop into the dog bowl cracked the screen, So I went to AT&T first thing in the morning and got the Note9 128. Which brings me to my original question, Do you feel you made a mistake?

It has been under 48 hours and I am questioning my decision to get the Note 9... But I am questioning if I made a mistake by not getting the 512.

Because I had no interest in getting the Note 9, I didn't do any research on it. Since I got it, all I have been doing is research and I feel like I am on overload!

Some reports say the extra ram/storage doesn't make a difference. Some say it does, and some say you notice the difference but is it worth the extra money!

Since you have had yours, do you wish you would have gone with the 128 or 512 or are you happy with what you have (which is??)
I still have time to return it and get the 512. My question is should I, will I regret it later down the road if I don't? This part is silly but I didn't get the blue because of the yellow s-pen but if I do get the 512, I am thinking of getting the Blue and returning the Black.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your input!!

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
the only mistake I made.. was waiting so long to give my ocean blue to the wife and going and getting the black version. personally I feel like in the long run. should I trade or sell I'll get more for it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No regrets!! I just waited until price dropped a little got the 6gb 128 storage
get very very good battery life and great performance

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the blue, 512gb unlocked from Swappa. The sole reason I got it was for the 8gb of RAM. I never fill up a 128gb phone so 512gb is way Overkill. But, because Samsung has/had a somewhat heavy skin, I felt that extra RAM was necessary for the long-term as I try to become a guy who keeps a phone for more than one release cycle.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Black Friday, the price didn't really drop, the $205 trade-in credit and the pre-order bonus IconX made it so much easier to buy it.

I also pre-ordered the 512GB/8GB and I tried it, I couldn't tell the difference.

I can't even remember the price difference but certainly not worth the cost. IMO this is what the Note 9 should've been in the first place. Reminds me how it was back in the day how SAMSUNG treated the Note series and it's not just an "S series with a stylus."

I have no regrets.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I also waited till the prices went down then got the 128GB version and I still think it's too much to pay for a phone but oh well. As for the 512GB version, well, I barely even use 40 GB on my phone so that's overkill and the extra RAM from what I've heard doesn't make a difference now maybe in future OS updates it might but I never keep a phone so long anyway so it won't matter and it certainly will depreciate more since I paid more for it. I know I will have the urge to upgrade to the Note 10 once its released so no regrets at all getting the 128GB, not one bit.

Aby_Cat

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I love everything about the Note 9 except the camera, it is so crappy compared to the camera on my previous Note 5.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I wish I'd had your dilemma. I wanted to buy the 8 GB RAM version from Day 1. It's still not available in my country. However my 6 GB Note 9 is proving very satisfactory.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
First time I bought the note I ended up getting rid of it to try some other devices. My regret set in when I missed the note and all it's glory lol. When I saw the price drop for the Black Friday deals I jumped on it. Now I feel great about it. Great price and excellent functionality.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I also came from the Note 8. I have the black 128 gb version through Sprint and love it - I got it for a special - zero down and I believe it is 20/mo. No issues. Don't miss the Note 8. I enjoy it more and for me, 128GB was huge - no need for the 512 gb and the extra few hundred bucks that size carrier. It does have two more gb ram but still.

I use my phone pretty heavily and it pairs very nicely with my Tab S4.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I had left my phone at the grocery store, at a bowling alley, and at a restaurant. Also during the last month, I have dropped my phone 4 times and a few lil drops. Once on the driveway, twice I slipped in the snow and last but not least, I knocked it off the desk and it hit the side of the dog bowl. Each time I left it behind or dropped it, I had the thought Oh well, I will just get the Note9[.] Well, The last drop into the dog bowl cracked the screen, So I went to AT&T first thing in the morning and got the Note9 128. Which brings me to my original question, Do you feel you made a mistake?
I upgraded from a Note8 to a 128GB Note9 and I'm happy with the Note9. To be honest, though, I'd be reluctant to get any expensive device if I had a history of losing and dropping my phones.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I got the blue, 512gb unlocked from Swappa. The sole reason I got it was for the 8gb of RAM. I never fill up a 128gb phone so 512gb is way Overkill. But, because Samsung has/had a somewhat heavy skin, I felt that extra RAM was necessary for the long-term as I try to become a guy who keeps a phone for more than one release cycle.

hey, i'm trying to become that guy too!!!! LOL!!!

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I also came from the Note 8. I have the black 128 gb version through Sprint and love it - I got it for a special - zero down and I believe it is 20/mo. No issues. Don't miss the Note 8. I enjoy it more and for me, 128GB was huge - no need for the 512 gb and the extra few hundred bucks that size carrier. It does have two more gb ram but still.

I use my phone pretty heavily and it pairs very nicely with my Tab S4.

I have the same phone with sprint, and last night i checked i have used just under 50gb of storage and that's with everything that i transferred from my old icloud storage! for me, 128 is cool because even with me thinking that i've packed my phone down, i still have about 60+ gigs to grow! plus, the black 9 is SEXAY! lol!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the same phone with sprint, and last night i checked i have used just under 50gb of storage and that's with everything that i transferred from my old icloud storage! for me, 128 is cool because even with me thinking that i've packed my phone down, i still have about 60+ gigs to grow! plus, the black 9 is SEXAY! lol!
Yep. Black phone, black otterbox commuter.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Got the 128 GB version at launch and very happy with it...I think 512gb price is over kill....very happy with Note 9

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the 128 gb and should of went with the 512 gb. Not that I need it because I have no music and maybe 15 pics. Its JUST I want it. As far as keeping the 128 gb of course I will as I keep all my phones. I never sell or trade in. Length of time doesnt mean much to me because if another beast is born regardless of the time line, surely I will want that one also. That my friends is how I roll!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Speck Presidio Clear. Normally don't do Clear cases but since they claim this one won't yellow, I figured I'd show off my blue Note 9!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2