03-28-2019 12:58 PM
142 ... 456
tools
    anyone else hate that substratum and goodlock are not working anymore?
    I use only good lock one handed mode and am glad it is still working great after update.
    02-09-2019 10:22 AM
    As I've posted in a couple places, got the update yesterday. I hate the nav bar functionality, the visual look of the whole UI, and the philosophy of moving everything down for one handed use.

I got a big phone because I liked using it the way it was, and I specifically liked the clean look of the settings and notification shades. I hate the bubbly, childish look of the UI.

I dislike it enough that I dug out my receipt to return the Note 9 (didn't work, I'm 5 days past the return window for Best Buy).
    robpz16 and thecomicbookandme like this.
    02-09-2019 12:22 PM
    Also, the worst design feature of these Samsung phones is the rounded corners on the screen; I really dislike that they have incorporated that shape throughout the UI. It adds to the claustrophobic feeling of the whole thing.
    02-09-2019 12:27 PM
    I updated Today. The close all option is there BUT I can't close just individual apps!
    02-10-2019 05:27 PM
    I updated Today. The close all option is there BUT I can't close just individual apps!
    Swiping up the app you would like to close should do it. Are you saying that doesn't work for you?
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    02-10-2019 06:18 PM
    It took me a few days for the new gestures but now that I have been using them I dont think I could go back to buttons.

Gestures are just faster, easier, and more intuitive to use.
    LOL. I remember saying that on the blackberry forum when BB10 came out and blackberry was ridiculed for going without buttons
    02-10-2019 07:42 PM
    Them removing the "list" view from the recent app menu is the ultimate deal breaker for me.

But from what I've read here I'm not missing out on much by not updating. It will be nice not to have to worry about factory resetting my phone because of a software update playing havoc with my battery life.
    02-11-2019 06:27 PM
    Them removing the "list" view from the recent app menu is the ultimate deal breaker for me.

But from what I've read here I'm not missing out on much by not updating. It will be nice not to have to worry about factory resetting my phone because of a software update playing havoc with my battery life.
    My battery life improved quite a bit after update.
    02-11-2019 07:35 PM

Open space at the top of the messages app and settings... No biggie for me.
    I hate it -- anyone figure out a way to get rid of it?
    03-26-2019 08:28 AM
    Things I like about pie
    Its simplified almost comparable to apple
    Bixby re-maping GREAT!
    Dark mode is a plus but I dont see a battery increase
    Things dont like
    Battery drainage c'mon samsaug
    App icons too cartoony
    It's not as fluid I have to press a button for landscape mode before i didnt have too

1UI is a step in the right direction just need improvements
    03-26-2019 08:54 AM
    Yea just swipe up.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-26-2019 10:49 AM
    Things I like about pie
    Its simplified almost comparable to apple
    Bixby re-maping GREAT!
    Dark mode is a plus but I dont see a battery increase
    Things dont like
    Battery drainage c'mon samsaug
    App icons too cartoony
    It's not as fluid I have to press a button for landscape mode before i didnt have too

1UI is a step in the right direction just need improvements
    If you're having battery issues you may need to dig deeper to see what's going on. Here is a screen shot of my lazy Sunday.

I love the option to tap the orientation button when turning my phone to landscape mode but you still have the option to unlock orientation in the quick settings menu.

Have you tried the icon packs in the Galaxy store? Likes and Dislikes of Android Pie & One UI so far...-screenshot_20190324-215307_settings.jpeg
    03-26-2019 11:55 AM
    Agreed. Not a fan of wasted screen space.
    03-27-2019 04:36 PM
    As I've posted in a couple places, got the update yesterday. I hate the nav bar functionality, the visual look of the whole UI, and the philosophy of moving everything down for one handed use.

I got a big phone because I liked using it the way it was, and I specifically liked the clean look of the settings and notification shades. I hate the bubbly, childish look of the UI.

I dislike it enough that I dug out my receipt to return the Note 9 (didn't work, I'm 5 days past the return window for Best Buy).
    With so much customization and functionality people still hate over small things. You guys deserve a locked system. Glad that you returned.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    03-27-2019 05:03 PM
    With so much customization and functionality people still hate over small things. You guys deserve a locked system. Glad that you returned.
    Well he didn't get it returned
    03-28-2019 04:31 AM
    Well he didn't get it returned
    Sorry for him. May be Swappa can help.
    03-28-2019 09:27 AM
    Sorry for him. May be Swappa can help.
    Yeah may he find a suitable phone haha
    03-28-2019 12:58 PM
142 ... 456