Likes and Dislikes of Android Pie & One UI so far...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Update:

So far I do not like the new auto screen brightness algorithm.
It is setting my screen to be far too bright under all conditions.

I keep going in and lowering it as the algorithm is supposed to "learn" your preferences but so far it does not seem to be helping.

Sometimes I've noticed that some notification sounds dont come through.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Update:

So far I do not like the new auto screen brightness algorithm.
It is setting my screen to be far too bright under all conditions.

I keep going in and lowering it as the algorithm is supposed to "learn" your preferences but so far it does not seem to be helping.

Sometimes I've noticed that some notification sounds dont come through.

Check in device maintenance then battery ,3 dots then make sure optimized is clicked off can interfere from what I heard.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Now that we've been using the beta for a while, how do you guys feel about the new gestures?

I've gotten used to them because I forced myself to use them. But, I don't know if I like swiping on different sides of the screen to do different things.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Now that we've been using the beta for a while, how do you guys feel about the new gestures?

I've gotten used to them because I forced myself to use them. But, I don't know if I like swiping on different sides of the screen to do different things.

I like the new gesture

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
It took me a few days for the new gestures but now that I have been using them I dont think I could go back to buttons.

Gestures are just faster, easier, and more intuitive to use.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
As someone who came to Android from BlackBerry 10, I am definitely on board for gestures. It was great. Have not tried the Pie implementation yet though.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't played with the Beta on my Note 8 but i was watching a couple of the OneUI videos out there...

I think the new icons, like the phone, internet and camera icons shown in videos, look ugly.

Gives it that "Fisher Price" look to a business type phone :/

I like the dark theme but I guess I'm gonna have to find a clean looking icon pack in the Samsung Themes store.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I haven't played with the Beta on my Note 8 but i was watching a couple of the OneUI videos out there...

I think the new icons, like the phone, internet and camera icons shown in videos, look ugly.

Gives it that "Fisher Price" look to a business type phone :/

I like the dark theme but I guess I'm gonna have to find a clean looking icon pack in the Samsung Themes store.

I actually send a feedback on the icons they look cartoonish during first beta on s9+ I don't think they care, once a company has there mind set on something it's going through. same as pie beta when I was on pix2xl didn't like the gestures but they never attempted to change it through out the beta.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
They won't care from a few feedbacks. They think they know what we'll like and push it... like Bixby. :-\ They only care when they are called out in a public manner like they did with the red tint on the S8 screens, or the soon to be paid theme store, so...

Hey Samsung!! Is it too much to ask for you to put the current Samsung Experience icons in the Samsung Themes app for those that don't like the childish looking icons from OneUI and go back to something we like??

How's that? lol. For Pete's sake, they have the theme app available so it would cost them nothing to provide the old icon packs.

Android Central will post topics based on some of our posts... they should do a Poll and discuss if the OneUI icons are really ugly and suggest alternatives. :cool:

I actually send a feedback on the icons they look cartoonish during first beta on s9+ I don't think they care, once a company has there mind set on something it's going through. same as pie beta when I was on pix2xl didn't like the gestures but they never attempted to change it through out the beta.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
They won't care from a few feedbacks. They think they know what we'll like and push it... like Bixby. :-\ They only care when they are called out in a public manner like they did with the red tint on the S8 screens, or the soon to be paid theme store, so...

Hey Samsung!! Is it too much to ask for you to put the current Samsung Experience icons in the Samsung Themes app for those that don't like the childish looking icons from OneUI and go back to something we like??

How's that? lol. For Pete's sake, they have the theme app available so it would cost them nothing to provide the old icon packs.

Android Central will post topics based on some of our posts... they should do a Poll and discuss if the OneUI icons are really ugly and suggest alternatives. :cool:

Hahaha, sounds about right)

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Hats off to you guys using the Beta.

I dare not as I'm using the Note 9 so it's not out officially for my Note 9 and my Note 9 is my daily driver.

May I therefore ask how the Dark Mode is behaving?

And I see there is a toggle to make the transitions / animations faster ? Does it work Ok ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1