Likes and Dislikes of Android Pie & One UI so far...

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
is Good lock working on current beta...and themes and Samsung pay as my note 9 is my daily driver...dont wanna mess with the phone...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hats off to you guys using the Beta.

I dare not as I'm using the Note 9 so it's not out officially for my Note 9 and my Note 9 is my daily driver.

May I therefore ask how the Dark Mode is behaving?

And I see there is a toggle to make the transitions / animations faster ? Does it work Ok ?

The beta pretty stable , but I can understand if it's your only phone. Dark mode is working the way it should and animation you dont need to go into developer settings to toggle it as it's in accessibility . I have few phones incase beta acts up or I just go down to oero build until the next one.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
is Good lock working on current beta...and themes and Samsung pay as my note 9 is my daily driver...dont wanna mess with the phone...

Good lock has only couple things working on it , Samsung pay I dont use but the app not crashing or anything.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Likes and Dislikes of Android Pie & One UI so far...

So far, there isn't a single thing that I don't like. Well, my battery feels like it's draining faster but this is a beta and I've been practicing the 40-80 thing so...

Testing

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I agree..
I really do not like the gestures at all. Worst gesture implementation I have seen imo, not at all intuitive.

Positives are a much better look and feel, slightly quicker overall, dark mode oh and I really like the new stock keyboard.

Despite all this though I am actually itching to go back to the 3xl.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I really do not like the gestures at all. Worst gesture implementation I have seen imo, not at all intuitive.

Positives are a much better look and feel, slightly quicker overall, dark mode oh and I really like the new stock keyboard.

Despite all this though I am actually itching to go back to the 3xl.

I like the new gestures , you can always go back to the buttons. On the pixel 3xl which I have, The half baked gestures are horrible and no option to go back to buttons. But overall the new one UI is a big step in the right direction for Samsung.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
have stable build on my note 9 ..here in India.. soo far the build is quiet stable..but few things need to be ironed out...for instant lock screen audio controls dont work...at least with my wynk music app....some apps are still not optimized for android 9...sure more updates will come to stable built...I like the gestures works great...raise to wake is nice...but notifications on the lock screen still needs one more tap than oreo and I like tap to active Aod

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I like the new gestures , you can always go back to the buttons. On the pixel 3xl which I have, The half baked gestures are horrible and no option to go back to buttons. But overall the new one UI is a big step in the right direction for Samsung.

I have the 3XL too and yes the Pixel gestures are not perfect but I find splitting them on the one ui makes it awkward especially if you alter what hand you use. I’m back on the buttons. They should have just copied apple like they always do 😀

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the 3XL too and yes the Pixel gestures are not perfect but I find splitting them on the one ui makes it awkward especially if you alter what hand you use. I’m back on the buttons. They should have just copied apple like they always do 😀

Hahaha...I agree

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

I donno... But as far I can remember.. 1st ever phone to have only gestures was Nokia N9... I think its good to pick good things from other manufacturers... Like Samsung S10 will have reverse wireless charging copying from Mate 20 pro

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I donno... But as far I can remember.. 1st ever phone to have only gestures was Nokia N9... I think its good to pick good things from other manufacturers... Like Samsung S10 will have reverse wireless charging copying from Mate 20 pro

I heard it's very slow charging , how you like the mate pro 20?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I had the m20 pro. I really liked it but it was just too buggy with 3rd party Launchers and the AOD is as good as useless.

Did not realise how important a feature the AOD is to me until I used a phone without one again. It's the reason my iPhone is sitting in the draw and the reason I have not bought that maclaren op6t!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac