What are the defects you found using Samsung Galaxy Note 9?

Richard_J_Park

Dec 8, 2018
Visit site
Been using the phone for 2 and a half months. But I found some frustrating issues using the phone... The finger print scanner needs a couple taps to get the phone unlocked ... The rear camera has a weird pen scribbling that won't go away. The person on the other end can't hear me sometimes. And the phone freezes from time to time. The internet is slow, bad reception. I had two different note 9s side by side and mine had bad reception. Only had it a little over 2 months and formatted the phone at month #2. But it started acting up again right after...

What are your issues...?

Last edited:

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Been using the phone for 2 and a half months. But I found some frustrating issues using the phone... The finger print scanner needs a couple taps to get the phone unlocked ... The rear camera has a weird pen scribbling that won't go away. The person on the other end can't hear me sometimes. And the phone freezes from time to time. The internet is slow, bad reception. I had two different note 9s side by side and mine had bad reception. Only had it a little over 2 months and formatted the phone at month #2 . But it started acting up again right after...

What are your issues...?

Why do you even have that phone still? If I experienced any of those things I would have got a warranty replacement the very next day.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The only one of your issues I've experienced is a finicky fingerprint scanner. It seems to get too dirty to work, quite easily. More sensitive than any other phone I've used.
I clean it with alcohol and it's good to go, but only for a day or so. Very frustrating.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only one of your issues I've experienced is a finicky fingerprint scanner. It seems to get too dirty to work, quite easily. More sensitive than any other phone I've used.
I clean it with alcohol and it's good to go, but only for a day or so. Very frustrating.

Have you tried registering your finger print few time see if it improves ?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Been using the phone for 2 and a half months. But I found some frustrating issues using the phone... The finger print scanner needs a couple taps to get the phone unlocked ... The rear camera has a weird pen scribbling that won't go away. The person on the other end can't hear me sometimes. And the phone freezes from time to time. The internet is slow, bad reception. I had two different note 9s side by side and mine had bad reception. Only had it a little over 2 months and formatted the phone at month #2 . But it started acting up again right after...

What are your issues...?
I haven't experienced any of the problems mentioned.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried registering your finger print few time see if it improves ?

Oh yes. Several times. I tried registering two each of my index fingers, thinking it would gve it more chance to recognize, but I think that actually made it worse. Now, I've got one each of index and middle fingers.
It works great, right after I wipe it with alcohol, but doesn't take long to start failing again.
I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh yes. Several times. I tried registering two each of my index fingers, thinking it would gve it more chance to recognize, but I think that actually made it worse. Now, I've got one each of index and middle fingers.
It works great, right after I wipe it with alcohol, but doesn't take long to start failing again.
I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks!

Maybe try erasing everything and putting your fingerprint again unless you tried it

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Had it since launch and only issue is when I use my Huawei P20 Pro charger & cable I get this error message saying it's wet.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had my silver 8GB/512GB for a few days now (courtesy of Best Buy) and no problems, that I'm aware of. While battery life may not be as good as my iPhone XS Max it seems pretty good and the phone hasn't even settled in yet so it may even improve. I love the performance and the screen...and the silver colour. It really is quite the thing to behold and use. In my quick subjective audio test it doesn't sound as clean out the headphone jack as my AudioQuest DragonFly Red but that really is to be expected. The fact that it HAS a headphone jack is a big positive.

Its a nice phone and I'm more than satisfied with it.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm working on month number 2 and I haven't had a problem yet. I have the blue 512 version from AT&T. I thought about buying it unlocked but then I'd screw myself out of a few features that AT&T apparently doesn't allow on unlocked phones..
That seems to my "issue" if I have to have one..
AT&T not allowing Hotspotting, for instance, without having to have all that bloatware, (that 15 minutes with Package Disabler Pro will rectify). Or any of the nonsense that these carriers are doing that stranglehold this awesome device...
But I'm fine.. I like AT&T and get awesome coverage and customer service so it is what it is.
Sounds to me like you got a lemon. Why do you still have it?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The fingerprint scanner. Doesn't always work for me. The Note 5 was perfect, the 8 was the same as the 9.

Camera still freezes on me. One time it even gave me an error and closed.

I've had mine a few weeks after launch. USA, Tmobile brand (locked), 128gb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy