01-18-2019 10:02 AM
33 12
tools
    Been using the phone for 2 and a half months. But I found some frustrating issues using the phone... The finger print scanner needs a couple taps to get the phone unlocked ... The rear camera has a weird pen scribbling that won't go away. The person on the other end can't hear me sometimes. And the phone freezes from time to time. The internet is slow, bad reception. I had two different note 9s side by side and mine had bad reception. Only had it a little over 2 months and formatted the phone at month #2. But it started acting up again right after...

What are your issues...?
    12-08-2018 09:15 AM
    FYI, this is the Note 8 discussion area.

The Note 9 discussion area is at https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...galaxy-note-9/
    jimd1050 likes this.
    12-08-2018 12:20 PM
    Lol... When because I was experiencing none of those issues. Lol
    12-10-2018 11:42 PM
    Thread moved.
    12-13-2018 01:09 PM
    Been using the phone for 2 and a half months. But I found some frustrating issues using the phone... The finger print scanner needs a couple taps to get the phone unlocked ... The rear camera has a weird pen scribbling that won't go away. The person on the other end can't hear me sometimes. And the phone freezes from time to time. The internet is slow, bad reception. I had two different note 9s side by side and mine had bad reception. Only had it a little over 2 months and formatted the phone at month #2 . But it started acting up again right after...

What are your issues...?
    Why do you even have that phone still? If I experienced any of those things I would have got a warranty replacement the very next day.
    12-13-2018 04:53 PM
    The only one of your issues I've experienced is a finicky fingerprint scanner. It seems to get too dirty to work, quite easily. More sensitive than any other phone I've used.
    I clean it with alcohol and it's good to go, but only for a day or so. Very frustrating.
    12-13-2018 06:37 PM
    The only one of your issues I've experienced is a finicky fingerprint scanner. It seems to get too dirty to work, quite easily. More sensitive than any other phone I've used.
    I clean it with alcohol and it's good to go, but only for a day or so. Very frustrating.
    Have you tried registering your finger print few time see if it improves ?
    12-13-2018 07:40 PM
    Been using the phone for 2 and a half months. But I found some frustrating issues using the phone... The finger print scanner needs a couple taps to get the phone unlocked ... The rear camera has a weird pen scribbling that won't go away. The person on the other end can't hear me sometimes. And the phone freezes from time to time. The internet is slow, bad reception. I had two different note 9s side by side and mine had bad reception. Only had it a little over 2 months and formatted the phone at month #2 . But it started acting up again right after...

What are your issues...?
    I haven't experienced any of the problems mentioned.
    12-13-2018 10:14 PM
    Had the phone for about two weeks now. No issues experienced so far..
    12-13-2018 10:51 PM
    I have had mine since before launch. No issues here my phone is smooth.
    12-13-2018 10:55 PM
    The only defect that i found is its too damn big
    Kdroid and skatergirl like this.
    12-13-2018 11:17 PM
    The only defect that i found is its too damn big
    Hahaha. The only defect I found is now I don't think I will be able to leave the note line so more money will be spent in the years to come...
    12-14-2018 07:47 AM
    Have you tried registering your finger print few time see if it improves ?
    Oh yes. Several times. I tried registering two each of my index fingers, thinking it would gve it more chance to recognize, but I think that actually made it worse. Now, I've got one each of index and middle fingers.
    It works great, right after I wipe it with alcohol, but doesn't take long to start failing again.
    I am open to any suggestions.
    Thanks!
    12-14-2018 09:49 AM
    Oh yes. Several times. I tried registering two each of my index fingers, thinking it would gve it more chance to recognize, but I think that actually made it worse. Now, I've got one each of index and middle fingers.
    It works great, right after I wipe it with alcohol, but doesn't take long to start failing again.
    I am open to any suggestions.
    Thanks!
    Maybe try erasing everything and putting your fingerprint again unless you tried it
    12-14-2018 09:54 AM
    Had it since launch and only issue is when I use my Huawei P20 Pro charger & cable I get this error message saying it's wet.
    12-14-2018 11:54 AM
    Yes, I've cleared them a couple times and started over from scratch, with same results.
    Does no one else have this issue?
    12-14-2018 12:30 PM
    I've had my silver 8GB/512GB for a few days now (courtesy of Best Buy) and no problems, that I'm aware of. While battery life may not be as good as my iPhone XS Max it seems pretty good and the phone hasn't even settled in yet so it may even improve. I love the performance and the screen...and the silver colour. It really is quite the thing to behold and use. In my quick subjective audio test it doesn't sound as clean out the headphone jack as my AudioQuest DragonFly Red but that really is to be expected. The fact that it HAS a headphone jack is a big positive.

Its a nice phone and I'm more than satisfied with it.
    Beansr519 and Gray Area like this.
    12-14-2018 12:59 PM
    I'm working on month number 2 and I haven't had a problem yet. I have the blue 512 version from AT&T. I thought about buying it unlocked but then I'd screw myself out of a few features that AT&T apparently doesn't allow on unlocked phones..
    That seems to my "issue" if I have to have one..
    AT&T not allowing Hotspotting, for instance, without having to have all that bloatware, (that 15 minutes with Package Disabler Pro will rectify). Or any of the nonsense that these carriers are doing that stranglehold this awesome device...
    But I'm fine.. I like AT&T and get awesome coverage and customer service so it is what it is.
    Sounds to me like you got a lemon. Why do you still have it?
    Beansr519 likes this.
    12-18-2018 07:48 AM
    The fingerprint scanner. Doesn't always work for me. The Note 5 was perfect, the 8 was the same as the 9.

Camera still freezes on me. One time it even gave me an error and closed.

I've had mine a few weeks after launch. USA, Tmobile brand (locked), 128gb.
    12-19-2018 06:50 AM
    For me night photos don't seem to be as good as it has been with other Notes.
    12-19-2018 09:01 PM
    I've found no "defects" on this amazing piece of technology. It is to me the ultimate pocket computer. I hope to be able to enjoy my Note for some years to come.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    12-20-2018 04:49 PM
    The Samsung Stock Keyboard lags sometimes when I leave a page I've been writing on or come out of a text message which leaves the keyboard showing on my homescreen for a few seconds. It's intermittent.

Right now trying out the Samsung Beta version.
    12-25-2018 12:06 AM
    never had a problem with it, but after i got my replacement phone, the new one has distort sensitivity.
    12-27-2018 09:26 AM
    Sold mine on Craiglist last week because if the camera module design flow that is impacting many Note 9 phones.

There are 2 posts on Samsung own forum with MANY users reporting the same issue. It happened twice to me. Returned 1st note 9 to bestbuy with new replacement and issue started again in the new device. Ended up going to UbreakIfix and they replaced the entire camera module. Many users reporting the camera module breaking again after replacement so decided to sell it and be done.

You can read about it here in details.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...p/439069#M7130
    12-27-2018 12:12 PM
    Only issue I've had is the camera app freezes randomly for a couple seconds. I've read they are working on a fix. Probably won't get it until we get pie
    debdroid1a likes this.
    12-28-2018 05:15 PM
33 12