How can I tell if my Note 9 has a Snapdragon or Exynos processor?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Just a friendly reminder that on any internet forum, it's helpful and courteous to use an informative subject line. That way, people can tell at a glance which threads they want to read or contribute to, and they can more easily find their way back to specific threads later.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
OMG, glad I don't post many questions so the subject line police can't arrest me... SMH. His subject line was anything but vague. Wordy maybe but not everyone is an English major (or an English as a first language person).
Exactly, like:

BuckyBadg, your Title would have been better if it said "Which Processor does my Note 9 have?" then in your Post you could have said "Stupid Question - (I still think that's unnecessary) anyone know how to tell if your Note 9 has a Snapdragon or Exynos processor?" That way, the Title could be searched as a "Note 9 Processor" and not a much more vague subject! Gary02468 has a very valid point!

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Was thinking the same.

OMG, glad I don't post many questions so the subject line police can't arrest me... SMH. His subject line was anything but vague. Wordy maybe but not everyone is an English major (or an English as a first language person).

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
So which processor is better?

It depends on whether you're into intensive gaming. The Snapdragon version has a better GPU ( for gaming) but the Exynos has a better CPU. I'm not a gamer(chess, sudoku, draughts, Scrabble ) and read a lot on my phone (from various sources) so I'm happy I have the Exynos.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Exynos owner here. here's what I have to say after owning this note 9 since preorder. Sometimes I wish that I got the SD version instead.

I'm happy with every aspect of it, except the gaming part. I play alot of pubg with my friends, each session can be 2 hours plus and after awhile or anytime the phone gets hot the game starts to stutter quite a fair bit.

I know it's fair that games stutter when phone gets hot but my previous iPhone didn't do that, it only dimmed the screen.

Last edited:

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
So which processor is better?

The Snapdragon version is considered better for gaming (better GPU) while the Exynos version has a better CPU (more mundane activities). In years past the Exynos version was always considered the better of the two but this has changed due about two years. Some say deliberately (???)