Your VPN Connection is managed by ATT.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Have other ATT customers seen this notification suddenly? It is being put up from ATT Mobile Security app. It now shows up all the time and the only way to get rid of it is to either disable notifications or force stop the app. In fact I am going to disable it if necessary. But just weird this started happening. I don't have any VPN running nor have I ever launched ATT Mobile Security.

Anyone know what might be the meaning of all of this?
cf00274fce5173fb3fd14cc1b86fa368.jpg

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Have other ATT customers seen this notification suddenly? It is being put up from ATT Mobile Security app. It now shows up all the time and the only way to get rid of it is to either disable notifications or force stop the app. In fact I am going to disable it if necessary. But just weird this started happening. I don't have any VPN running nor have I ever launched ATT Mobile Security.

Anyone know what might be the meaning of all of this?//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181212/cf00274fce5173fb3fd14cc1b86fa368.jpg
Yeah from the AT&T Mobile Security app toy can disable it. It's designed so even you're connected to a non-secure network or automatically turns on.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but this just started a day or two ago. Did some update trigger this? Also, I find it odd for that notification to pop up because I actually wasn't on a VPN. I have my own VPN which I started and did not have any conflicts so I am guessing despite that notification, I wasn't actually on a VPN?

Easy way to check would be to check the IP I guess.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but this just started a day or two ago. Did some update trigger this? Also, I find it odd for that notification to pop up because I actually wasn't on a VPN. I have my own VPN which I started and did not have any conflicts so I am guessing despite that notification, I wasn't actually on a VPN?

Easy way to check would be to check the IP I guess.
You're not on a VPN, the AT&T App puts you on a VPN if you're on an open network. Not sure how it would've started out of nowhere as the app needs to be launched and configured for it to turn on.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just saw another thread that said this started happening with a recent update to that app. I never opened it before. When i got my phone months ago, I put all th ATT apps in a folder and never touch them. I did for the first time yesterday after it appeared and it is asking me to set it up. It's asking me to even verify my phone number to set it up.
You're not on a VPN, the AT&T App puts you on a VPN if you're on an open network. Not sure how it would've started out of nowhere as the app needs to be launched and configured for it to turn on.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Anyone know what might be the meaning of all of this?//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181212/cf00274fce5173fb3fd14cc1b86fa368.jpg
It started for me too. I just disabled notifications.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
This started with an update to the "myAT&T" app. I called AT&T and talked with two different people. The solution that finally worked was to disable the "Mobile Security" app. That killed the notification. Then I re-enabled the "Mobile Security" app and the notification was still gone.

Update: Unfortunately I learned that this works only until you reboot. Then you have to go in and repeat the disable/enable "Mobile Security" app process.

Last edited: