Can Samsung develop "night sight" for the Note 9 is does the 845 just not support that like it sounds the 855 should be able to?
    Then waiting for the S10 might be worth it as that's basically 3 months away.
    12-12-2018 08:48 PM
    Yes. The Pixel 3 is running Night Sight. But Night Sight is just all software. In the basics, it's taking several long exposure shots to get the images, and stitching them together through AI to get better results.
    The only problem with Samsung is their software processing. In terms of hardware, they have the best hardware for night shots, because professionally, if you want better night shots you want a bigger aperture and the S and Note 9 variants give you the biggest aperture available on a phone. Samsung just needs better software photo processing.
    12-12-2018 09:38 PM
    Yes. The Pixel 3 is running Night Sight. But Night Sight is just all software. In the basics, it's taking several long exposure shots to get the images, and stitching them together through AI to get better results.
    The only problem with Samsung is their software processing. In terms of hardware, they have the best hardware for night shots, because professionally, if you want better night shots you want a bigger aperture and the S and Note 9 variants give you the biggest aperture available on a phone. Samsung just needs better software photo processing.
    We need pixel software ported to the Note lol
    12-13-2018 09:45 AM
    Looks like they are on this. Just likely won't show up on the Note 9 until the S10 is out for a while.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsu...era-low-light/
    12-21-2018 09:40 AM
    Can Samsung develop "night sight" for the Note 9 is does the 845 just not support that like it sounds the 855 should be able to?
    Then waiting for the S10 might be worth it as that's basically 3 months away.
    I thought the s9+ and note 9 was best low light camera (Huawei pro 20 dont know) until Google brought the night shot which probably is pretty close .
    12-21-2018 02:02 PM