So I got 3 cases for the Note 9. Defender, Samsung rugged case, and Caseology Legion.

I'm torn between the Defender and Samsung case.

Which case do you think is better protection wise? Do you think the rugged case offers good drop protection even though it's thin? I do like the kickstand on it though.

Which would you choose? Defender or Samsung Rugged case?
    12-12-2018 11:15 PM

Which case do you think is better protection wise?
    Defender, no question. I wouldn't suggest driving over it, or dropping it into a lake, with the Defender case on, but for just about anything else, the phone should be safe. (I had a phone lobbed into a wall, screen first. It's still been working for years since that.)

I've always had my phones in Defender cases.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    12-13-2018 02:41 PM
    Defender, no question. I wouldn't suggest driving over it, or dropping it into a lake, with the Defender case on, but for just about anything else, the phone should be safe. (I had a phone lobbed into a wall, screen first. It's still been working for years since that.)

I've always had my phones in Defender cases.
    Supcase did that video recently of driving over phones with the Unicorn Beetle on them and they claim the phone didn't break lol.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    12-13-2018 05:09 PM
    I always seem to lean towards otterbox... Every phone that I've had Since the iPhone 2 or 3 has been in an otterbox...and that's a lot of phones! i rarely drop my phones, but the only time i did, that i can remember, with my Note 3, i destroyed my screen, ever since then, My phones have been in an Otterbox!
    12-14-2018 02:42 PM
    otterbox defender is prob one of the best out there, i used them for years on different phones.
    Nowadays i use the speck presidio grip, it gives decent protection, but the main reason i like it is the raised grips on it, i feel like my phone is always secure n my hand.
    Beansr519, JRSIV and amyf27 like this.
    12-15-2018 11:12 PM
    OtterBox Defender. It's bulkier but definitely my number 1 choice.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    12-16-2018 04:51 PM
    So I got 3 cases for the Note 9. Defender, Samsung rugged case, and Caseology Legion.

Which case do you think is better protection wise? Do you think the rugged case offers good drop protection even though it's thin? I do like the kickstand on it though.

I dropped my old note 9 on asphalt and concrete probability 3-4 times and its perfect. The otterbox is probably a little more protective but it seems to put more pressure on the phone inside the case. I've heard stories of the Samsung phones inside the otterbox break in their pockets.
    12-17-2018 09:25 PM
    I dropped my old note 9 on asphalt and concrete probability 3-4 times and its perfect. The otterbox is probably a little more protective but it seems to put more pressure on the phone inside the case. I've heard stories of the Samsung phones inside the otterbox break in their pockets.
    I've read a few stories of that with the Unicorn Beetle as well. Because the Supcase fits so tight to the phone some say when they took their phones out of the supcase that they found cracked backs on their device. Unicorn Beetles do fit really really tight to the phone though. I guess it depends on the tolerances of the case on a individual bases for each case out of the production line. All the Defenders I've had have some play in the plastic frame, especially after you take it apart a few times it expands a bit hence that squeaking sound Defenders tend to make.

So you drop it on pavement with NO case on the phone and it didn't break??
    12-18-2018 12:25 AM
    I prefer minimal so use the Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper case so I'm.afraid I can't suggest to use any of your purchased options !
    12-27-2018 04:55 AM
    I have the defender pro and the otterbox symmetry... I'm currently rocking the symmetry case.
    12-27-2018 02:01 PM
    Otterbox Defender is a fantastic case. I love how secure it feels. So eady to carry too, grippy just right. Great drop protection.

Also just fyi other one is Tech 21 which proved its drop protection today, 0 damage
    01-07-2019 09:33 PM
    Otterbox Defender is a fantastic case. I love how secure it feels. So eady to carry too, grippy just right. Great drop protection.

Also just fyi other one is Tech 21 which proved its drop protection today, 0 damage
    With the Note being a narrow phone a wide thick case like the Defender is nice when writing with the spen. I think it makes it easier to use. I like the Samsung rugged case but it seems a bit thin when trying to use the spen.

The tech 21 case is not only too think it doesn't have much screen protection like the Defender does. If there is even a small pebble it will trash the screen due to the lack of deep lip like the Defender has.
    01-07-2019 11:00 PM
    I received the Otterbox Defender along with the Whitestone Dome screen protector today. Dom went on flawless and the defender fits the edges of the screen protector perfectly, couldn't be happier.

Only one downside to the Defender and that's the belt clip doesn't fit a Duty belt. Have to use the XL Nite Ize soft case.
    01-09-2019 05:53 PM

Defenders
    01-24-2019 10:32 AM