Trouble opening Gmail

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues opening up the Gmail app ? Everytime I try to look at my emails I get an error message. I've unistalled updates, disabled it, and restarted the phone, but once I installed the updates agaaain I still have the same issue. Just wondering if it's just my phone or a device wide outage. This just started yesterday out of the blue.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
If there is an issue, Device Maintenance has a text icon for any reports logged.

But I think this is a sympitom of a deeper nature likely caused by the configuration of the apps and access permission

Run Device Maintenance plus grab SD Maid, preferably Pro.

Of 20 questions, #17 run Malwarebytes.
Ultimately you get down to factory reset and clean setup, no restore.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues opening up the Gmail app ? Everytime I try to look at my emails I get an error message. I've unistalled updates, disabled it, and restarted the phone, but once I installed the updates agaaain I still have the same issue. Just wondering if it's just my phone or a device wide outage. This just started yesterday out of the blue.

Long press the gmail and hit force close see what happens

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I've tried everyone's suggestions, but I'm still have the same issue. I'll probably just sent up my Gmail with type app or continue using the browser. Thanks for the help.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
You have a slew or stew - of apps that may be of questionable character and playing nice or not.

Can guarantee setting up the phone from stock works.

Ever had where chkdsk couldnt fix a corrupt directory? Maybe something like that meaning Gmail today maybe worse tomorrow, and not healthy to apply updates.

I was on Oreo beta and Settings app would go into a loop crashing. Only cure of course was full wipe - again. No body else reported same happen to them. Was very careful. And started beta with fresh wipe. Never had any trouble again afterwards either.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's not that serious to wipe my phone. I just set Gmail up under type mail and disabled the Gmail app. If it were happening to more than this one app then I'd consider the wipe, but so far that's the only one and it's not worth the hassle. Thanks though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2