System SOUND When I Say "Hey/OK Google". How Do I Turn it Back OFF?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
With nine Google Home devices all over the house, I say "Hey/OK Google dozens of times a day. My phone usually acknowledges (without answering) and I know there is nothing I can do about that unless I want to disable hey/ok Google on my Note. I don't. But, just recently my phone has started to play a system sound when it hears "hey/ok Google". That's annoying. It hasn't always done this. I can't seem to find (on the phone or by Googling the answer) a way to turn off the sound. Not sure how or why it started in the first place. Can anyone help please?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
try going into settings and then Google and voice assistant setting see if u can find what causing it there.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've combed thru those settings with a fine tooth comb but did it one more time since you were nice enough to reply...nothing there. Upon further testing, the only time I'm getting the system sound on the phone with ok/hey Google, is when the screen is off :eek:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've combed thru those settings with a fine tooth comb but did it one more time since you were nice enough to reply...nothing there. Upon further testing, the only time I'm getting the system sound on the phone with ok/hey Google, is when the screen is off :eek:

I was trying to replicate what u experience but didn't happen

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So when your screen is off and you say hey/ok Google, you do NOT get an affirmation chime/beep?
Yes, I've been thru all those settings as well. Thanks for trying :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So when your screen is off and you say hey/ok Google, you do NOT get an affirmation chime/beep?
Yes, I've been thru all those settings as well. Thanks for trying :)

No chime or beep but a little vibration then shows assistant when I first wake Google assistant
If I talk and hit the microphone in assistant it chimes

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I got what your looking for because I have my media volume off so when I put it up you get that initial chime

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I had the opposite issue: on my previous phones I had the chime when "Ok Google" was activated which I preferred. When I got my Note 8 and later the Note 9, I had to go into the accessibility menu and toggle one of the options on to get it to sound. So perhaps you need to go into this menu and see if at some point one of the options was toggled to the on position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15