Tiny Notification Icons on AOD & Lockscreen

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to make the Notification Icons on AOD & Lockscreen larger?
I've searched the settings and the Google for an answer. I assume it's 'no', but I am hoping there is a way, because it's hard to see what they are, especially without glasses.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You sir, are a good one to investigate, since you have the Pie. Hopefully a change in Android 9.

Thanks , so the only thing I came up with in display settings that might work is adjusting the zoom in or font size might make the icons bigger but also what u see but still checking

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off Notifications Icons Only and it'll give you a wider view. That might help see them better.
5d5583fc70a5177c2f841a5692224964.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I found another setting but also makes home screen bigger and icons ...Easy Mode instead of standard mode in settings display

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I found another setting but also makes home screen bigger and icons ...Easy Mode instead of standard mode in settings display

That might work. It made the notification icon on the lock screen about 20% larger. I can't check the AOD right now because my battery is at 5%. I'll give it a whirl.
I can reduce the size of the home screen and app drawer icons with Nova Launcher.
I reduced the font size, but I can't make the keyboard small enough.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That might work. It made the notification icon on the lock screen about 20% larger. I can't check the AOD right now because my battery is at 5%. I'll give it a whirl.
I can reduce the size of the home screen and app drawer icons with Nova Launcher.
I reduced the font size, but I can't make the keyboard small enough.

The keyboard might be a scale size setting in the settings of the keyboard

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard might be a scale size setting in the settings of the keyboard

I use SwiftKey and even on the smallest setting it was a bit too large, but the deal breaker was that every screen swelled. I thought I only had to rescale stuff on the home screen. I didn't think about every app being affected. It was kinda comical how big some things were.
I really appreciate your suggestions!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I use SwiftKey and even on the smallest setting it was a bit too large, but the deal breaker was that every screen swelled. I thought I only had to rescale stuff on the home screen. I didn't think about every app being affected. It was kinda comical how big some things were.
I really appreciate your suggestions!

Yeah that was last thing I could find but I always stay away from easy mode because how big everything gets lol

JetskiMark

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to enlarge the notification icons on my Note 9 too. It would be nice to be able to tell what they are from across the room.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Here is the screenshot of the wife's lockscreen.
Apparently, I can attach only one pic to a post, using the AC app.

Attachments

• 5923.jpg
    5923.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 64

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Here is the screenshot of the wife's lockscreen.
Apparently, I can attach only one pic to a post, using the AC app.

Your using goodglock
Your wife using regular screen lock
If you go settings then lock screen then tap notifications you can change it like hers

Attachments

• 1324.jpg
    1324.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 62

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Your using goodglock
Your wife using regular screen lock
If you go settings then lock screen then tap notifications you can change it like hers

BRILLIANT! You are correct. I have Goodlock and she does not.
How did you figure that out?

I already had the NOTIFICATIONS on IN LOCK Screen settings.
I had to turn off LOCKSTAR in GOODLOCK in order to get the notification banner on my lockscreen.

Now, to decide which way to choose...
I think I'll try it with LOCKSTAR off and see if I miss any of its features.
Thanks Mustang!

Attachments

• 5931.jpg
    5931.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
BRILLIANT! You are correct. I have Goodlock and she does not.
How did you figure that out?

I already had the NOTIFICATIONS on IN LOCK Screen settings.
I had to turn off LOCKSTAR in GOODLOCK in order to get the notification banner on my lockscreen.

Now, to decide which way to choose...
I think I'll try it with LOCKSTAR off and see if I miss any of its features.
Thanks Mustang!

Lol...I know Samsung doesn't let that many icons on lock screen by default anymore.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Any idea how to change the color icons on the new AOD? They are horrible. If they were as bright as in this pic it would be fine, but some of them are dark grey and I have no idea what they signify unless I get up close to the phone. I want to go back to all white like they used to be.

s9-pie-aod-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax