Is there a way to make the Notification Icons on AOD & Lockscreen larger?
    I've searched the settings and the Google for an answer. I assume it's 'no', but I am hoping there is a way, because it's hard to see what they are, especially without glasses.
    12-17-2018 06:39 PM
    I dont think you can , but later on I'll check and see if other options
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    12-17-2018 06:41 PM
    I dont think you can , but later on I'll check and see if other options
    You sir, are a good one to investigate, since you have the Pie. Hopefully a change in Android 9.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-17-2018 07:10 PM
    You sir, are a good one to investigate, since you have the Pie. Hopefully a change in Android 9.
    Thanks , so the only thing I came up with in display settings that might work is adjusting the zoom in or font size might make the icons bigger but also what u see but still checking
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    12-17-2018 07:32 PM
    You can turn off Notifications Icons Only and it'll give you a wider view. That might help see them better.
    12-18-2018 07:57 PM
    You can turn off Notifications Icons Only and it'll give you a wider view. That might help see them better. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5692224964.jpg
    Thanks, but even tho I cannot find the setting right now, I have show all info turned on.
    Below are pics of the tiny Notification Icons.
    I mean, c'mon, the screen is huge. Couldn't the icons take up more real estate?
    Attached Thumbnails Tiny Notification Icons on AOD & Lockscreen-5895.jpg   Tiny Notification Icons on AOD & Lockscreen-attach4519_20181218_200244.jpg  
    12-18-2018 11:05 PM
    I found another setting but also makes home screen bigger and icons ...Easy Mode instead of standard mode in settings display
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    12-19-2018 12:02 AM
    I found another setting but also makes home screen bigger and icons ...Easy Mode instead of standard mode in settings display
    That might work. It made the notification icon on the lock screen about 20% larger. I can't check the AOD right now because my battery is at 5%. I'll give it a whirl.
    I can reduce the size of the home screen and app drawer icons with Nova Launcher.
    I reduced the font size, but I can't make the keyboard small enough.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-19-2018 12:46 AM
    That might work. It made the notification icon on the lock screen about 20% larger. I can't check the AOD right now because my battery is at 5%. I'll give it a whirl.
    I can reduce the size of the home screen and app drawer icons with Nova Launcher.
    I reduced the font size, but I can't make the keyboard small enough.
    The keyboard might be a scale size setting in the settings of the keyboard
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    12-19-2018 01:00 AM
    The keyboard might be a scale size setting in the settings of the keyboard
    I use SwiftKey and even on the smallest setting it was a bit too large, but the deal breaker was that every screen swelled. I thought I only had to rescale stuff on the home screen. I didn't think about every app being affected. It was kinda comical how big some things were.
    I really appreciate your suggestions!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-19-2018 08:55 PM
    I use SwiftKey and even on the smallest setting it was a bit too large, but the deal breaker was that every screen swelled. I thought I only had to rescale stuff on the home screen. I didn't think about every app being affected. It was kinda comical how big some things were.
    I really appreciate your suggestions!
    Yeah that was last thing I could find but I always stay away from easy mode because how big everything gets lol
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    12-19-2018 09:10 PM
    I am trying to enlarge the notification icons on my Note 9 too. It would be nice to be able to tell what they are from across the room.
    12-22-2018 01:21 AM
    I am trying to enlarge the notification icons on my Note 9 too. It would be nice to be able to tell what they are from across the room.
    Hopefully they can down the road add some adjustments in AOD icons.
    12-22-2018 10:08 AM
    In looking at this, I was using the wife's Note 9 and comparing settings. Then, I realized that she has a banner, on her lock screen, for each notification, instead of just the tiny icons I have at the bottom of the lock screen.
    I tried mimicking her settings, for notifications, theme (her's is default theme) and screen lock. No joy.
    I went thru each menu is phone settings with both Note 9s side by side, looking for differences.
    No joy.
    They are both Verizon branded. We are both on the same Verizon service. The only difference is her's is a 6/128 and mine is an 8/512.
    Screenshots below.
    Attached Thumbnails Tiny Notification Icons on AOD & Lockscreen-5924.jpg  
    12-22-2018 12:42 PM
    Here is the screenshot of the wife's lockscreen.
    Apparently, I can attach only one pic to a post, using the AC app.
    Attached Thumbnails Tiny Notification Icons on AOD & Lockscreen-5923.jpg  
    12-22-2018 12:47 PM
    Here is the screenshot of the wife's lockscreen.
    Apparently, I can attach only one pic to a post, using the AC app.
    Your using goodglock
    Your wife using regular screen lock
    If you go settings then lock screen then tap notifications you can change it like hers
    Attached Thumbnails Tiny Notification Icons on AOD & Lockscreen-1324.jpg  
    12-22-2018 01:02 PM
    change view style
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    12-22-2018 01:02 PM
    Your using goodglock
    Your wife using regular screen lock
    If you go settings then lock screen then tap notifications you can change it like hers
    BRILLIANT! You are correct. I have Goodlock and she does not.
    How did you figure that out?

I already had the NOTIFICATIONS on IN LOCK Screen settings.
    I had to turn off LOCKSTAR in GOODLOCK in order to get the notification banner on my lockscreen.

Now, to decide which way to choose...
    I think I'll try it with LOCKSTAR off and see if I miss any of its features.
    Thanks Mustang!
    Attached Thumbnails Tiny Notification Icons on AOD & Lockscreen-5931.jpg  
    12-22-2018 02:49 PM
    BRILLIANT! You are correct. I have Goodlock and she does not.
    How did you figure that out?

I already had the NOTIFICATIONS on IN LOCK Screen settings.
    I had to turn off LOCKSTAR in GOODLOCK in order to get the notification banner on my lockscreen.

Now, to decide which way to choose...
    I think I'll try it with LOCKSTAR off and see if I miss any of its features.
    Thanks Mustang!
    Lol...I know Samsung doesn't let that many icons on lock screen by default anymore.
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    12-22-2018 03:42 PM