Paid off my Note 9 today

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I wanted this phone so bad I just put it on the AT&T monthly plan but when I saw that first bill with the stupid activation fee applied, I about shat.
I went ahead and coughed up the grand and then some and paid it off. I'll consider it my Christmas gift. Right?
Yes it's alot of money but I love this phone and can't wait to get home today and mess around with it! :)

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I completely understand.
I kept seeing the $300 off if you let us own you for 2 years and the $300 down you still owe $699 so called deals.
I've been waiting for a straightforward off the top deal that apparently isn't going to happen.

So I may buy it for myself as the only gift I've purchased for myself this year.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I completely understand.
I kept seeing the $300 off if you let us own you for 2 years and the $300 down you still owe $699 so called deals.
I've been waiting for a straightforward off the top deal that apparently isn't going to happen.

So I may buy it for myself as the only gift I've purchased for myself this year.

Do it. I'm totally happy with my phone.
I'm at the house now with all my chores done.. I'm tricking out my phone now.. Lol

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I will NOT admit that i'm Jealous...
I will NOT admit that i'm Jealous...
I will NOT admit that i'm Jealous...LOL!!!

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Great move and if they offer trade ins for the incoming Note 10 or S10 series you'll get a discount.
I own mine as well and will upgrade to the Note 10 when it comes.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I wanted this phone so bad I just put it on the AT&T monthly plan but when I saw that first bill with the stupid activation fee applied, I about shat.
I went ahead and coughed up the grand and then some and paid it off. I'll consider it my Christmas gift. Right?
Yes it's alot of money but I love this phone and can't wait to get home today and mess around with it! :)

Congrats! I still have about $550 to go til mine is paid off.

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I completely understand.

There have been a lot of $300. off sales that it got me thinking how much are they on eBay.
I bought the Note 9, 512 gigs for under the price of the 128 gigs on AT&T. And that is adding in the $45 restocking fee
Buying something this expensive on eBay can be scary but I check ratings and what they have sold... I've asked questions... I just make sure to do my best to CMA!!
With the PayPal credit, I got it same as cash for 2 years (but I will pay it off by March... I just need to get through Christmas and our Cruise in Feb)

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
@MysticalDreams

Yeah, I have never purchased anything from Ebay, probably never will. I've read too many horror stories.

I was waiting for my other house to sell before entertaining the idea of buying another $1000 phone.

I have a buyer now, which is why I'm considering just going to bestbuy and buying it.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
A no interest loan is about the best loan you can get. It would be better to use that grand to pay off other loans, like credit cards or mortgage, than one that costs no interest. Or, better yet, invest it and make money on it.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well ebay is set up to benefit the buyer. Yes you need to research your seller(don't buy from China.. Or anywhere out side the US is my personal policy) but basically if what you get is something different than what you bought IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER eBay will snatch that money right out of thier bank account and give it back to you. And if they close thier account or don't have the money in it or flat out tried to scam you... Then eBay will still take the hit and give you your money back.

I 100% agree that I wouldn't buy a phone off ebay either just because I want it that second and I know I won't have any issues out the gate hooking up with my carrier.. AT&T.

But I buy hundreds of dollars of stuff off ebay and the seller on ebay today is scared sh**less for a bad review... They will do anything to assure you're happy..
Ebay is setup for the BUYER.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I basically save money each month so when the next new phone is out and it ticks my wants and needs boxes I have the disposable income to buy it outright.

This time around I gave the Samsung Galaxy s8 back to my local Uk bricks and mortar Samsung Experience Store and they knocked £300 off the cost of the Note 9.

Win-Win.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I basically save money each month so when the next new phone is out and it ticks my wants and needs boxes I have the disposable income to buy it outright.

This time around I gave the Samsung Galaxy s8 back to my local Uk bricks and mortar Samsung Experience Store and they knocked £300 off the cost of the Note 9.

Win-Win.

Yep. I saved for 3 months for mine. Was sorely tempted to buy it after 2 months but kept to my original plan. Will do the same next year for the Note 10. Many of us us carry 2 phones where I live (at least one being dual SIM)

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I had a similar experience with T-mobile when I did the preorder/trade in deal. They tried to slide some upgrade fee past me and I called customer service and told them they needed to remove the fee or cancel my order. They opted to remove the fee.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have my unlocked 128GB AT&T Note 9 for sale on Craigslist right now. I've had it listed for $500 for a whole week now. Hopefully it will sell soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2