Samsung themes

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
How safe are the themes from the Samsung galaxy app store? I just downloaded several themes. Should I dload a virus scanner from the play store to be sure the themes are ok?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
How safe are the themes from the Samsung galaxy app store? I just downloaded several themes. Should I dload a virus scanner from the play store to be sure the themes are ok?

Unless you dont plan on upgrading to 9.0 Android Pie the themes will no longer be free after that. 14 day trial then unfortunately have to pay up. I find it utterly ridiculous they are thinking about going in that direction. Pay around 1000 bucks for a phone and its not enough really.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I would assume that since Samsung runs the appstore they would be even safer than the Google play store since they make the phones the apps are intended for.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
What an extremely confusing way of saying, "No, they're very safe! No issues all year."

It appears almost exactly opposite of what you meant..

Lol, poor guy probably thought they were virus-ridden... Lol

Pehaps English is not their native language.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Unless you dont plan on upgrading to 9.0 Android Pie the themes will no longer be free after that. 14 day trial then unfortunately have to pay up. I find it utterly ridiculous they are thinking about going in that direction. Pay around 1000 bucks for a phone and its not enough really.

What makes you say this?
Do you have a reference?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What makes you say this?
Do you have a reference?
If you have gone into the Samsung theme store there was a pop up notice saying that we will only be able to use free themes for 14 days. After the 14 days you either have to purchase it or your theme goes back to the default Samsung theme.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site

Why is it ridiculous? The theme developers need to make some money also. Wouldn't you charge for your time to create themes? Or just give them away free. I don't mind paying a dollar or two for a good theme. You can even get them for even less sometimes.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Why is it ridiculous? The theme developers need to make some money also. Wouldn't you charge for your time to create themes? Or just give them away free. I don't mind paying a dollar or two for a good theme. You can even get them for even less sometimes.
I just said we pay enough money for a phone nowadays. Sometimes themes are more some near 4 bucks. They've been free so long so why force people to pay money for themes that were free for as long as they were?? A lot of them are free now.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have gone into the Samsung theme store there was a pop up notice saying that we will only be able to use free themes for 14 days. After the 14 days you either have to purchase it or your theme goes back to the default Samsung theme.

I just went to the Samsung theme store and accepted through each of the three tabs, selected a few free themes and saw no popup.
My service provider is Verizon, in the US if that makes a difference.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why ask for a reference you can just Google anything right ?? Once updated to Android one UI themes are free 14 days. As stated above.
I read a lot of Android articles and the only time I've seen this is in another thread on AC.
You posted with such authority, I believed you had more specific info, like inside stuff.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I read a lot of Android articles and the only time I've seen this is in another thread on AC.
You posted with such authority, I believed you had more specific info, like inside stuff.
I received the popup when I opened the theme store. Basically the info came from Samsung themselves. Straight from the horses mouth.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
My rule of thumb is to read the reviews for the themes before choosing to download one and use it.

I'm not in the know to be aware what vetting Samsung do with these themes and as such my only concern is how well the developer has written their theme as not to clash with the phones system and user experience.

That said I've used Material Black and not had an issue.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Lol what inside scoop would I have ?? I look at tech websites nearly every day. Just like the rest of these fine folks who are Android users.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just went to the Samsung theme store and accepted through each of the three tabs, selected a few free themes and saw no popup.
My service provider is Verizon, in the US if that makes a difference.
The pop up would have shown up once you first opened the theme store not when you go to free themes. Perhaps you got it but didn't realize or read what it was and just closed it . Idk, but it's definitely going to happen. I don't think the provider has anything to do with it. *shrugs*