Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
    I've had this issue since the Galaxy S7, S8, S9, and now Note 9 which made me pause for a moment and think, hmm...what am I doing wrong?

j00 see, every time I would buy a new Galaxy Phone, I would install Package Disabler Pro in the hope that disabling bloatware would actually give me better battery life.

so here's the thing, when I first got my Note 9, the battery would last me 2 days easily. Then me being the smart me I installed Package Disabler Pro, disabled all the bloatware and now my battery is barely lasting me a day. At first, I didn't think of anything other than maybe it's the fact that I have many apps installed although I try to close them all the time in order to not have them run in the background and disable auto sync in apps like Twitter and Facebook.

My wife also got a Note 9 about a month before I did and she has been loving the battery life, after installing Package Disabler Pro, she comes to me one day and she's like what's going on with my phone at around 2 PM (she works and uses it more heavily than I do) the battery is almost over?

That's what made me then suspect Package Disabler Pro, maybe it's the fact that it's constantly running to keep those items disabled is what's draining the battery? I don't know the technicality of how it works really but what I do know is now my and my wife's battery life is back to normal.
    12-21-2018 07:44 AM
    I use PDP on my Note 8 and I don't believe PDP actually runs.
    Check you battery usage and see if it's taking any CPU.
    Attached Thumbnails Package Disabler Pro drains the crap out of the battery [Solved]-screenshot_20181221-102455_device-maintenance.jpg  
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    12-21-2018 09:28 AM
    I use PD and have never drained the battery.
    12-21-2018 09:31 AM
    Package Disabler pro, doesn't drain battery at all, it may be that you disable something that is draining your battery, or it's and app killing your battery.
    12-21-2018 10:08 AM
    Enable all of your disabled apps and see if the battery goes back to normal. If not, uninstall PDP and see what happens.
    12-21-2018 12:45 PM
    Someone on another forum said maybe I disabled some system app that was needed and the phone trying hard to run it is what's causing this battery drain. I did check the battery usage and Package Disabler doesn't even appear there.

Unfortunately I just did a factory reset and I don't want to risk messing my battery life again I just wanted to share my experience with many phones including 2 Galaxy Note 9s recently (mine and my wife's) to make sure it's not just me but I guess it is from the comments that I am seeing.
    12-21-2018 01:50 PM
    I used it fine with my note 8 and note 9. Now that I upgraded to Pie, I have to pay again for the app. Ich don't think so, as Bruno would say.
    My battery time is worst now. If you disable some apps , it can actually have a negative impact on battery drain.
    12-21-2018 02:39 PM
    Yes, what Ruben said.
    Have run PDP on the last 3 Samsung flagship phones(incl. Note 9), no issues. Did not run PDP for the first few days on the N9, no difference after installed.

Package Disabler pro, doesn't drain battery at all, it may be that you disable something that is draining your battery, or it's and app killing your battery.
    12-21-2018 02:50 PM
    Right so after the comments here, I decided to re-install Package Disabler Pro and this time I didn't disable all the bloatware and everything under the sun. I just disabled the stuff that bugs the heck out of me like Bixby and Briefing and that was that. Battery life hasn't been activated and I am not getting the battery drain that I did before so I am guessing maybe I have disabled a lot of system stuff in the past that was the issue.

Sorry if my thread was misleading that wasn't my intention.
    12-24-2018 05:38 PM
    So you mean PDP drains more battery when apps are disabled.
    Right so after the comments here, I decided to re-install Package Disabler Pro and this time I didn't disable all the bloatware and everything under the sun. I just disabled the stuff that bugs the heck out of me like Bixby and Briefing and that was that. Battery life hasn't been activated and I am not getting the battery drain that I did before so I am guessing maybe I have disabled a lot of system stuff in the past that was the issue.

Sorry if my thread was misleading that wasn't my intention.
    12-25-2018 08:54 AM
    So you mean PDP drains more battery when apps are disabled.
    Not necessarily but according to someone on another forum, when I posted this thread. He said maybe I disabled too many system components that causes the device to keep trying to turn it on and because it can't, it keeps trying forever and thus draining the battery. so after he said that, I decided to give it another shot and this tie only disable the stuff that really bothers me like Bixby and Flipboard and left everything else alone and now the battery life is just as perfect as it was before using PDP
    12-25-2018 01:55 PM