Night Sight for Note 9

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I will definitely be testing it this weekend. I hope it is as awesome as you say! Right now I'm still just very impressed with night site.

Stock camera:

pirmCb1.jpg

Pixel camera:

nzLW6CJ.jpg

I can achieve better results outdoors with the stock camera but always have these soft badly exposed shots indoors with the front camera. I can't test the rear camera right now but will do so later.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Stock camera:

https://i.imgur.com/pirmCb1.jpg?1

Pixel camera:

https://i.imgur.com/nzLW6CJ.jpg?2

I can achieve better results outdoors with the stock camera but always have these soft badly exposed shots indoors with the front camera. I can't test the rear camera right now but will do so later.
Oh wow! I just tried portrait selfie on the gcam and selfie focus on the stock cam and had the same results as you! So I guess this cam is good for night sight, self portrait and I'll try rear portrait on my daughter's this weekend and see. Always good to have options! Gotta love Android.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
It's simply magic! Google engineers are a bunch of wizards!

They really are. Not to mention the front camera software is just so much better than the stock Note 9 camera software even without portrait mode. There is no comparison at all. Google's software on Samsung's hardware would be the best camera out there bar none.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Works like absolute garbage for me, not sure what's wrong. Regular camera mode won't snap a photo and Night Site takes significantly darker photos despite needing time to capture and process it. The 2 images compare my stock camera on auto to Googles night site.

Attachments

• 157.jpg
    157.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 100

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
My post failed to attach both images, this is the stock camera, first one was with night site.

Attachments

• 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 104

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Follow the instructions exactly. Looks like you missed a step under the fix section.

You were correct, thanks.

Now I can play around with this, I'm curious how night site compares to doing it the old fashioned way. Also wondering how much of a difference a tripod makes.

VetteVert

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Would be difficult to replicate manually. It isn't just slowing down the shutter and opening up the aperture. It is combining high iso with multiple images to gain detail and limit grain. As such, a tripod does help....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol