01-08-2019 10:47 AM
40 12
tools
    Sounds like Bixby is becoming a lot like Siri, which is useful for controlling the iPhone but worthless for anything else.
    01-04-2019 01:48 PM
    I hate it as much as ever.
    Nothing Samsung forcibly shows down my throat, is possible to like (not letting me reassign the button freely.)
    I mean you could just not buy a Samsung phone.
    01-04-2019 02:09 PM
    Sounds like Bixby is becoming a lot like Siri, which is useful for controlling the iPhone but worthless for anything else.
    I could be wrong but siri and Bixby are meant for controlling the phone , as Google is little more advanced to perform other task not just control phone. What's your take on all 3 assistant?
    kevinpleasants and Beansr519 like this.
    01-04-2019 02:15 PM
    Once I realized Bixby is amazing to control my Note 8, I immediately stopped comparing it to anything else.
    01-04-2019 09:03 PM
    Don't forget that Samsung makes more than phones and Bixby is going to be in everything they make, from your phone to your fridge to your robot vacuum cleaner.
    Bixby needs training to work for YOU, it would be impossible to design a *one size fits all* out of the box.
    01-06-2019 05:49 AM
    Don't forget that Samsung makes more than phones and Bixby is going to be in everything they make, from your phone to your fridge to your robot vacuum cleaner.
    Bixby needs training to work for YOU, it would be impossible to design a *one size fits all* out of the box.
    Good point ..
    01-06-2019 10:40 AM
    I hate it as much as ever.
    Nothing Samsung forcibly shows down my throat, is possible to like (not letting me reassign the button freely.)
    Are you upset that we can't remap the power and volume keys also?
    01-06-2019 04:40 PM
    On the Note 8, I use to be able to hit the Bixby button and the Bixby Home page (showing information in cards of events, news, schedule, etc...),but on the Note 9 it's a voice command page. I couldn't find anything in the settings to make that option available.
    01-07-2019 12:18 AM
    I'm not much into Bixby, using it mainly to turn on the flashlight
    However, I think if you swipe from left to right on the homepage, you will find what you want.
    Not sure if this works with third party launchers.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    01-07-2019 05:57 AM
    Once I realized Bixby is amazing to control my Note 8, I immediately stopped comparing it to anything else.
    this is what i found out and i Like it!
    01-07-2019 11:17 AM
    I'm not much into Bixby, using it mainly to turn on the flashlight
    However, I think if you swipe from left to right on the homepage, you will find what you want.
    Not sure if this works with third party launchers.
    I use to turn the swipe off, and had the ability to hit the button to go there. However, that doesn't seem to be an option anymore. They make it hard to like Bixby.
    01-07-2019 01:52 PM
    I could be wrong but siri and Bixby are meant for controlling the phone , as Google is little more advanced to perform other task not just control phone. What's your take on all 3 assistant?
    Well this is indeed true. I have not used Bixby, but I have found Siri to be useful for things such as to do lists, alarms, scheduling, playing music, etc. If I have general information queries, it is absolutely worthless and instead use the google assistant app.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-07-2019 03:40 PM
    Well this is indeed true. I have not used Bixby, but I have found Siri to be useful for things such as to do lists, alarms, scheduling, playing music, etc. If I have general information queries, it is absolutely worthless and instead use the google assistant app.
    I agree ..
    Beansr519 likes this.
    01-07-2019 03:57 PM
    I think it's awesome that you guys are utilizing Bixby.. It's an awesome asset for voice control on the phone and I 100% appreciate that.
    However, BxActions is a life saver for me. I PREFER to utilize that nice big convenient button in several other ways... It's nice to know I can use it with Bixby if I wanted to.
    01-07-2019 06:35 PM
    you can setup voice command macros to do a series of things like turn on wifi, turn off bluetooth, and set volume to 8...all with a single command!
    Can I use Bixby to do that without voice? I'd like to automatically turn off hot spot when I get in my car. I've tried other apps like AutomateIT Pro but no other app seems to have the authority to do this.
    01-08-2019 10:47 AM
40 12