I'm starting to like bixby !!!

slim6596

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I got into Bixby settings and increased the hot word recognition sensitivity up to medium and went through voice training it a few times. I varied my voice speed, pitch, and volume. Also introduced varying degrees of background noise while training.
Gotta say, it helped a lot.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I got into Bixby settings and increased the hot word recognition sensitivity up to medium and went through voice training it a few times. I varied my voice speed, pitch, and volume. Also introduced varying degrees of background noise while training.
Gotta say, it helped a lot.

Andre-K

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I hate it as much as ever.
Nothing Samsung forcibly shows down my throat, is possible to like (not letting me reassign the button freely.)

alf_dart

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
@Andre-K Yah, I have the same fundamental objections. The latest version of the bxActions app works very seamlessly, and well. When combined with de-activating Bixby services in the OS, it's like Bixby was never there at all.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like Bixby is becoming a lot like Siri, which is useful for controlling the iPhone but worthless for anything else.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like Bixby is becoming a lot like Siri, which is useful for controlling the iPhone but worthless for anything else.

I could be wrong but siri and Bixby are meant for controlling the phone , as Google is little more advanced to perform other task not just control phone. What's your take on all 3 assistant?

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that Samsung makes more than phones and Bixby is going to be in everything they make, from your phone to your fridge to your robot vacuum cleaner.
Bixby needs training to work for YOU, it would be impossible to design a *one size fits all* out of the box.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Don't forget that Samsung makes more than phones and Bixby is going to be in everything they make, from your phone to your fridge to your robot vacuum cleaner.
Bixby needs training to work for YOU, it would be impossible to design a *one size fits all* out of the box.

Good point ..

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
On the Note 8, I use to be able to hit the Bixby button and the Bixby Home page (showing information in cards of events, news, schedule, etc...),but on the Note 9 it's a voice command page. I couldn't find anything in the settings to make that option available.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm not much into Bixby, using it mainly to turn on the flashlight
However, I think if you swipe from left to right on the homepage, you will find what you want.
Not sure if this works with third party launchers.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not much into Bixby, using it mainly to turn on the flashlight
However, I think if you swipe from left to right on the homepage, you will find what you want.
Not sure if this works with third party launchers.

I use to turn the swipe off, and had the ability to hit the button to go there. However, that doesn't seem to be an option anymore. They make it hard to like Bixby.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I could be wrong but siri and Bixby are meant for controlling the phone , as Google is little more advanced to perform other task not just control phone. What's your take on all 3 assistant?

Well this is indeed true. I have not used Bixby, but I have found Siri to be useful for things such as to do lists, alarms, scheduling, playing music, etc. If I have general information queries, it is absolutely worthless and instead use the google assistant app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well this is indeed true. I have not used Bixby, but I have found Siri to be useful for things such as to do lists, alarms, scheduling, playing music, etc. If I have general information queries, it is absolutely worthless and instead use the google assistant app.

I agree ..

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I think it's awesome that you guys are utilizing Bixby.. It's an awesome asset for voice control on the phone and I 100% appreciate that.
However, BxActions is a life saver for me. I PREFER to utilize that nice big convenient button in several other ways... It's nice to know I can use it with Bixby if I wanted to.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
you can setup voice command macros to do a series of things like turn on wifi, turn off bluetooth, and set volume to 8...all with a single command!

Can I use Bixby to do that without voice? I'd like to automatically turn off hot spot when I get in my car. I've tried other apps like AutomateIT Pro but no other app seems to have the authority to do this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay