S pen custom sounds.

murphy1983

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get custom deattachment and insertion sounds to work for the S pen on the Note 9? I've tried the apps Spen Toolbox and Note Buddy, but neither worked for me. In toolbox, the app crashes when I select a sound file. In note buddy, I select the sound files, disable sound in settings but I still don't hear anything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from General Help to the Note9 forum, since you'll probably get more specific help here.

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get custom deattachment and insertion sounds to work for the S pen on the Note 9? I've tried the apps Spen Toolbox and Note Buddy, but neither worked for me. In toolbox, the app crashes when I select a sound file. In note buddy, I select the sound files, disable sound in settings but I still don't hear anything.

I was able to change the sounds using Note Buddy. I did have to crop the shound file smaller than the files I used on the note 8

Gecko Asiks

Dec 26, 2019
Visit site
I'm having similar problems getting this to work on my Note 9 SM960F. Following all the steps, Note Buddy doesn't change the S pen sound at all, and S pen Toolbox simply crashes every time I try to use. Can someone please explain how they got it to work on their Note 9? Or is there another way without ROOT? Cheers.

Tidybhoy

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
Wow !! I never knew you could do this. I'm pretty new to the Note series. I got a Note 9 6 months ago as I got a pretty good deal, and it was the phone I had my hear set on. With the Note 10 coming out it was a perfect time to get one at a good price.

Anyway, I have just seen you can do this and want to do it. Do you have to use WAV files, as shown in the video in this sub or can you use MP3s?

Thanks