Note 10, your predictions/hopes

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Since we are now in 2019 and the S10 models are only around the corner, Note 10 will follow soon enough after, so as per thread title, let's hear what you think we could be in for.
I'm looking at Samsung as well as other manufacturers to try and come up with an idea of what Samsung need to do to be THE PHONE of 2019.
6.75 4k display (credible rumor already)
512/1tb storage options (they can't really go lower considering both their own current phones but also because of what competitors are doing)
12gb RAM and 5G ready (it has to have both if there's a special S10 model getting it first)
Cameras, well I would imagine 4 on the back and 2 on the front and all of them being at the highest end of the spectrum.
SD card & headphone jack I'm sure they're not brave enough to leave out on a model as important as the Note 10 but wouldn't it be nice if we got a set of true wireless earbuds in the box anyway :)
Battery.... Well... Let's just imagine it's going to be a Graphene battery with the extra juice it can hold, that could easily end up 7500 mAh that would also charge 5 times quicker than what we have now, given the 6.75 inch phone that should leave a little extra space for it.
Given the bigger size and in a bid to still keep weight down, maybe a frame made from the stronger/lighter Metal 12 and a ceramic back.
S-pen, I would like to see a slightly thicker and longer one, hopefully to be able to hold a lot more of a charge that current and built in microphone so it could be used for calls and in a dictaphone type of way.

Let's hear your predictions :)

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
This means improvements I'd like to see from the Galaxy Note 9:
1. 4500 mAh battery.
2. More options for remote control with the S Pen eg with Internet Browser and PDF readers and the ability to close the opened app(by clicking on the top button).
3. DAC.
4. 8 GB RAM with 256 GB ROM for the base model.
5. Improved camera.
6. WiFi 6.
7. Multiple options for use of the Bixby button.
8. Fast Charge 4.0.
9. Truly wireless earbuds in the box.
These to me are very very feasible desires.

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
adegbenroagoro - I like your list, modest but enough to keep the price from skyrocketing. Maybe add the in-screen finger print sensor "IF" it's finally ready and fully tested!!! I think this current battery has done the trick as far as I'm concerned!

j_hansen - You've just created an $1800 phone - come on, let's keep this real. I understand ask for 10 items and settle for 5 items but geez! Also, even if the rumor mill has it at 6.75", I think that's gone too far! Trying to keep up with Apple is crazy... the Note 8 to Note 9 change was tolerable but any larger and it's going to be way too large for my hands. My hands are in no way small either - I just want a phone that doubles as a computer when I need it to, NOT a computer that doubles as a phone!!!

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
adegbenroagoro - I like your list, modest but enough to keep the price from skyrocketing. Maybe add the in-screen finger print sensor "IF" it's finally ready and fully tested!!! I think this current battery has done the trick as far as I'm concerned!

j_hansen - You've just created an $1800 phone - come on, let's keep this real. I understand ask for 10 items and settle for 5 items but geez! Also, even if the rumor mill has it at 6.75", I think that's gone too far! Trying to keep up with Apple is crazy... the Note 8 to Note 9 change was tolerable but any larger and it's going to be way too large for my hands. My hands are in no way small either - I just want a phone that doubles as a computer when I need it to, NOT a computer that doubles as a phone!!!

I agree about wanting a phone that doubles as a computer and not vice versa. However a 6.75 inch screen might not be as drastic as one initially might think. A slight increase in the width and a significant increase in the screen-to-body ratio (83.4% in the Note 9) could result in an increase in height of just 2-3mm. The obvious counter to that argument would however be that the difference between 6.4 and 6.75 inches diagonally isn't that significant. 😊

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The note 9 does everything I need or want.

I would be genuinely happy with an upgraded version.

Bigger battery with proper 30,40,50w fast charge.

Slightly bigger screen. BUT I would keep it the same if it means no hole.

I think they need to do some serious work to compete against the perceived greatness of Google's camera AI. ( I say perceived as I have not seen many shots where I didn't think I could capture just as good on the 9)

256GB base model would be great for me. But keeping the dual sim / sd card slot is just as important.

5G - although my city is being enabled by my current sim provider in the next month or so, it is pretty meaningless atm. ( I get c300meg speed in town on 4g+ , which is more than enough)

Price is important. Although I will be getting it regardless, I paid the same for my Note 9 as I did for my Note 8. Which was a good selling point for me.
Although in the states it will likely be cheaper than a quart of milk. Whatever that is. . And you will probably get a free Buick thrown in. Whatever one of those is. .

In reality I see a 6.75" screen with 90 odd percent ratio due to the dual hole.
5G radios.
Removal of the headphone jack.
4400h battery
25w semi fast charge.
New camera software, but little change in actual ability.
15% more expensive.

Last edited:

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I'll definitely upgrade. But loving my note 9. I probably will keep it instead of trading up, and still grab the Note 10.
Hoping for a bigger and please keep the headphone jack Sammy.

venkatg

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
For me, anything is fine but the camera has to be killer this time. It's been time that Samsung phones have got a killer camera to compete the Pixels. So, please Samsung give us "Killer Camera".

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Note 9 screen feels too small IMO, and it's because of the aspect ratio. Open up the gallery to view pics or lightroom to edit them, they are smaller on the Note 9 than the old 5.7" Note 3-5. Add to that the curved edges and it's even worse.

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
We'll be talking Note 11 or 12 before I upgrade from the Note 9. I'm not one for purchasing every new model of a phone that comes out. I went from S3 > S5 > S7 Edge to Note 9.

And trust me, I get the upgrade bug.... for me it's custom building new high end PC's. Do a new build every 3 years :eek:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
We'll be talking Note 11 or 12 before I upgrade from the Note 9. I'm not one for purchasing every new model of a phone that comes out. I went from S3 > S5 > S7 Edge to Note 9.

And trust me, I get the upgrade bug.... for me it's custom building new high end PC's. Do a new build every 3 years :eek:
I'll probably upgrade to the Note 10 when the Note 11 comes out. I don't find it practical anymore to be on the cutting edge with the prices these daya and I'm perfectly fine with the smaller S9 right now with its 4GB RAM. Plus apart from getting the Note 10 cheaper my carrier bundles tablets with last year's models. They sold the Note 8s with an option for Samsung tablets or lower end Lenovo Windows 10 tablets for the same monthly as a Note 9. Dang. Lol.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don’t believe that’s true. Snap dragon owners in past Samsung models have criticized not having DACs while Exynos models did in specs. Also in other brands Like LG they were known for higher quality audio due to dedicated DAC while other models lacked with audio handle within what I guess main CPU.

All phones with a 3.5mm jack has a DAC. It won't work otherwise. Also, all Samsung Exynos variants of the S and Notes have been using Cirrus Logic/Wolfson DACs since as far as I can remember. Currently the Exynos S9/9+/Note9 is using a 32bit Cirrus Logic DAC.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don’t mind the curve in my 8. I think the curve has over years been less extreme, but I’d prefer no curve but would stop me from future models.

What I haven’t liked after Note 7 has been increasing size trend with the 8/9 being at my limit.

I know I’m in the minority but if the future gen Notes get bigger then I’m out. I don’t need a phone that doubles as a tablet.

I don't mind the curve... I've gotten used to it after so many Notes! Two Note 7s, a Note 8 and now the Note 9!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I don’t believe that’s true. Snap dragon owners in past Samsung models have criticized not having DACs while Exynos models did in specs. Also in other brands Like LG they were known for higher quality audio due to dedicated DAC while other models lacked with audio handle within what I guess main CPU.
It has a DAC. It's just the standard DAC by Qualcomm. You can't have a 3.5mm jack without a DAC.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I understand but I think your last comment explains bettter what I’m saying and the person that made the DAC comment... “standard” vs a more dedicated (capable?) audio chipset,

It has a DAC. It's just the standard DAC by Qualcomm. You can't have a 3.5mm jack without a DAC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad