Is anyone else having issues with Samsung Note9 and Outlook crashing?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. Having this exact issue. Have to use outlook for work email. Verizon. Note 9. Issue replicated on 3 different phones. All note 9. Outlook worked in early November. Any fix would be appreciated.

I use the Samsung email app to log into my outlook , try that.

Antar65

Apr 3, 2019
Visit site
Verizon is my carrier, I have a Note 9 running Android v 8.1.0. I've uninstalled, reinstalled. Formatted cache partition. Wiped device. Tried wifi, tried cellular. App locks up, crashes, freezes phone up, then pops up an error message that outlook has stopped responding. Logs report "ANR Broadcast of intent {act=android.intent.action. TIME_TICK flg=0x50200014 (has extras) }

I really need Outlook to work...it's the only approved app for getting our corporate email. I have exchange online for my work email.

I'm out ideas. Anyone else out there who's seen this and been able to resolve it?

Help, I'm desperate (and frustrated!)
Shell

Hi, I am having the same issue, but it is only related to MS Outlook for Business (installed trough our company portal with certain security requirements, like secure folder and secure lock out).

Outlook that I use for my personal account does not cause this problem (repeated locks out in very short time).

If Outlook used for work is uninstalled, the issue is gone and everything works OK.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is my carrier, I have a Note 9 running Android v 8.1.0. I've uninstalled, reinstalled. Formatted cache partition. Wiped device. Tried wifi, tried cellular. App locks up, crashes, freezes phone up, then pops up an error message that outlook has stopped responding. Logs report "ANR Broadcast of intent {act=android.intent.action. TIME_TICK flg=0x50200014 (has extras) }

I really need Outlook to work...it's the only approved app for getting our corporate email. I have exchange online for my work email.

I'm out ideas. Anyone else out there who's seen this and been able to resolve it?

Help, I'm desperate (and frustrated!)
Shell

I don't use Outlook, but have been having the issue with the Samsung Email app since the update. My emails aren't syncing as they come in, seems to only sync when I open it. I checked all the settings to see if it was being put to sleep and everything was the way it should be.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't like a lot of things, doesn't mean I have an urge to tell others to use something else because "I" don't like the item they're using. As you say.... different strokes, ya know...

With that, your use something else comment doesn't help the OP solve their issue with an app that is supported on a device they use! Whether you like the app or not is irrelevant.

Moving on.

I know this is way after the fact, but I don't see where I recommended the OP use a different app.
I reported to the OP that the wife uses the Outlook app and her experiences.

Last edited:

LKT 1

Jul 1, 2019
Visit site
YES but I finally figured out how to get Outlook on the Note 9. Forget about the Outlook app...just uninstall it. Now, go to your Gmail app then click on the round profile button, upper right corner. Click on “Add another account”. Click on “Exchange and Office 365”. DO NOT click on “Outlook, Hotmail, and Live”. Click on what I told you to, “Exchange and Office 365”. Now you can add your Outlook email address & follow the rest of the prompts. Do a few tests by sending emails from your gmail acct to your Outlook email. Your Outlook email is listed along with the gmail accounts. You’re welcome!!!

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yuppers. Been there done that. M$ says a fix is coming. It doesn't play well with VPNs.

I've had that issue as well. I will show the beginning of an email and then cut it off at the bottom until I turn it to landscape mode. Then it will show me the whole email. Good to know a fix is coming. Thanks for the info!