Is anyone else having issues with Samsung Note9 and Outlook crashing?

Ncflipflops

Jan 8, 2019
Visit site
Verizon is my carrier, I have a Note 9 running Android v 8.1.0. I've uninstalled, reinstalled. Formatted cache partition. Wiped device. Tried wifi, tried cellular. App locks up, crashes, freezes phone up, then pops up an error message that outlook has stopped responding. Logs report "ANR Broadcast of intent {act=android.intent.action. TIME_TICK flg=0x50200014 (has extras) }

I really need Outlook to work...it's the only approved app for getting our corporate email. I have exchange online for my work email.

I'm out ideas. Anyone else out there who's seen this and been able to resolve it?

Help, I'm desperate (and frustrated!)
Shell

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Verizon is my carrier, I have a Note 9 running Android v 8.1.0. I've uninstalled, reinstalled. Formatted cache partition. Wiped device. Tried wifi, tried cellular. App locks up, crashes, freezes phone up, then pops up an error message that outlook has stopped responding. Logs report "ANR Broadcast of intent {act=android.intent.action. TIME_TICK flg=0x50200014 (has extras) }

I really need Outlook to work...it's the only approved app for getting our corporate email. I have exchange online for my work email.

I'm out ideas. Anyone else out there who's seen this and been able to resolve it?

Shell

You using outlook app or Samsung email app to access outlook?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't use the Outlook app, but the wife does and we are on Verizon.
She has not reported any issues with it and I'm her tech support.

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
If it is an option, I would personally suggest TouchDown as your Corporate email client Android software....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nitrodesk.honey.nitroid

I don't know why some assume the Outlook app doesn't work, it works just fine on android devices. I'm using it on my Note 9 without any issues. Been using it on the Note 9 since the day the phone came out; and before that, on an S7 Edge.

Anyway I don't know what's causing the OP's issue, but I'm running fine. In fact I've got 3 email accounts running through the app - one exchange account and two IMAP accounts and they all work and sync without issue....

Outlook Mail App.jpg

And YES, this Outlook app. And I'm also on Verizon's network as well.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why some assume the Outlook app doesn't work, it works just fine on android devices. I'm using it on my Note 9 without any issues. Been using it on the Note 9 since the day the phone came out; and before that, on an S7 Edge.

Anyway I don't know what's causing the OP's issue, but I'm running fine. In fact I've got 3 email accounts running through the app - one exchange account and two IMAP accounts and they all work and sync without issue....

View attachment 296540

And YES, this Outlook app. And I'm also on Verizon's network as well.

I don't assume it doesn't work
I don't use it because I didn't like the way the app changed a few years ago.
It became minimalist and if I recall, the dark theme was removed.
Different strokes, ya know...
Same kind of issues with the yahoo mail app.
I've been using Aqua Mail, ever since.

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
I don't assume it doesn't work
I don't use it because I didn't like the way the app changed a few years ago.

Different strokes, ya know...

I don't like a lot of things, doesn't mean I have an urge to tell others to use something else because "I" don't like the item they're using. As you say.... different strokes, ya know...

With that, your use something else comment doesn't help the OP solve their issue with an app that is supported on a device they use! Whether you like the app or not is irrelevant.

Moving on.

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site

Shell
I use Outlook exclusively on Note 9 on Verizon (as well as the full Microsoft suite). No issues.

Maybe a trip to your help desk is in order. It may be something coming from there end doing this.

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
I use Outlook exclusively on Note 9 on Verizon (as well as the full Microsoft suite). No issues.

Yeah, I'm using the full 365 Microsoft Office suite as well, including OneDrive and haven't had any issues reading or opening documents. I just don't create them on the phone seeing how small the screen is.

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using the full 365 Microsoft Office suite as well, including OneDrive and haven't had any issues reading or opening documents. I just don't create them on the phone seeing how small the screen is.
Yes but DEX works great with the full suite in a pinch...certainly not full versions but usable for sure!

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm Using Outlook and haven't had any issues in my Note 9 or my Note 8 last year..
I hope you get this figured out...
I'm using Nova Prime if that matters..

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
Yes but DEX works great with the full suite in a pinch...certainly not full versions but usable for sure!

Yeah, but if I'm going to use DEX I might as well use my laptop or desktop. Or if I'm in a pinch (aka hurry), than yeah, skip DEX and do the quick edit on the phone.

Anyway, we all have our ways of doing things. Glad DEX works for you.

Peace:)

Sarah Hogan

Jan 22, 2019
Visit site
Yes. Having this exact issue. Have to use outlook for work email. Verizon. Note 9. Issue replicated on 3 different phones. All note 9. Outlook worked in early November. Any fix would be appreciated.