Just got this one yesterday. Anyway I've not seen any Note 9 chatter - Thoughts?

I've not noticed any visual or performance tweaks, or issues (yet).
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    01-08-2019 11:57 AM
    Care to specify carrier/version? I'm on T-Mobile, just got it. Usually no chatter because, well, unless you're in the Beta program and testing the 'Pie' waters, there's not much to talk about. These are usually just security updates.

This one does specify 'new calling service enhancement' and 'camera preview improvement', so we'll see.
    01-08-2019 12:03 PM
    UPDATE: Well, no idea what the new calling service enhancement did (don't see a difference in calling screens or when calling someone), BUT for the camera, it seems the 2x zoom vibrating bug is gone! I hope it is because it was effin' annoying (and I know not everyone had it).

For those of you who didn't have the 'pleasure' of having the bug, here's what it looks like. Sure, it looks cool if it was on purpose... but not really when all you wanted is to take a picture or video without having the whole thing vibrate out of this world.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/UFaUcjhGkMF3SvNg6
    01-08-2019 12:25 PM
    Care to specify carrier/version?
    Sorry... Verizon

I've not noticed any changes (yet). And as a photographer using pro gear, I don't use my phone as my main camera so I've yet to use all the "features" this phone's camera has to offer. Point being I've not see some of the camera issues some complain of.
    01-08-2019 01:17 PM
    Nope, spoke too soon X2 vibrating bug still there.
    01-08-2019 02:07 PM
    Just got this one yesterday. Anyway I've not seen any Note 9 chatter - Thoughts?

I've not noticed any visual or performance tweaks, or issues (yet).
    Just got the December Security Patch

T-Mobile December Update
    01-08-2019 03:22 PM
    On the screen capture, the options to scroll down and continue to capture. Does anyone else have that option still?
    01-08-2019 03:57 PM
    On the screen capture, the options to scroll down and continue to capture. Does anyone else have that option still?
    Yup, still there for me.
    01-08-2019 04:26 PM
    Must have been me, I have the option again. But it wasn't there this morning.
    01-08-2019 04:31 PM
    Must have been me, I have the option again. But it wasn't there this morning.
    Maybe you tried taking a screenshot in an app or situation without scrolling?
    01-08-2019 04:35 PM
    I used the same app, Facebook Messenger, and the function and ability to capture and scroll was there later, strange.

However, my battery is draining quicker. Don't know if that's something that cycles out, but battery life is not the same, based off the first charge after the update.
    bdm219 likes this.
    01-08-2019 04:54 PM
    Sprint here and the camera has been the best thing with our Note 9's.. Even with our S9+ excellent camera quality and performance. I hope it's resolved for you. That would drive me insane. I'd probably try and get my OP5T back if it was an issue..
    01-08-2019 05:55 PM
    Oh, you can make the bug 'go away' if you try to focus on different areas and it suddenly stops vibrating, it's just when switching to that lens, I guess... it's weird. Was hoping they'd fix that, but no dice.
    01-08-2019 06:30 PM
    However, my battery is draining quicker. Don't know if that's something that cycles out, but battery life is not the same, based off the first charge after the update.
    Have you wiped cache partition?
    IDK if that would help battery, but I always wipe cache partition after security updates and factory reset after OS version updates.
    Both my and the wife's VZW Note 9s are have been good with battery after the four updates.
    01-08-2019 07:28 PM
    UPDATE: Well, no idea what the new calling service enhancement did (don't see a difference in calling screens or when calling someone), BUT for the camera, it seems the 2x zoom vibrating bug is gone! I hope it is because it was effin' annoying (and I know not everyone had it).

For those of you who didn't have the 'pleasure' of having the bug, here's what it looks like. Sure, it looks cool if it was on purpose... but not really when all you wanted is to take a picture or video without having the whole thing vibrate out of this world.
    This is something I've been complaining about. I was beginning to think it was just me.
    01-08-2019 07:40 PM
    Oh, that would drive me batty. Yeah, they need to fix that.
    01-08-2019 08:15 PM

Had that bug on an unlocked Note 9 but not on my sprint note 9
    01-08-2019 09:00 PM
    Have you wiped cache partition?
    IDK if that would help battery, but I always wipe cache partition after security updates and factory reset after OS version updates.
    Both my and the wife's VZW Note 9s are have been good with battery after the four updates.
    Just cleared the cache, after charging it back to 100%. I hate having to go through the process of a factory reset, so hopefully I'll be good.
    01-08-2019 09:14 PM
    Just cleared the cache, after charging it back to 100%. I hate having to go through the process of a factory reset, so hopefully I'll be good.
    You shouldn't have to factory reset for a security patch. I only FR for system OI updates.
    01-08-2019 10:36 PM
    I was having same issue and went ubreakifix to diagnose my phone. They told me something defect in the camera and replaced the whole camera part. After that the issue was gone.
    01-09-2019 11:49 AM
    just got December update for Sprint
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-09-2019 01:01 PM
    downloading on Verizon now
    01-09-2019 04:52 PM