Random rests? Maybe..

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It's not really resetting but it suddenly is requiring my "pattern" as opposed to always my fingerprint.. Like I set it up...
Is anyone experiencing this? I'm assuming it's possibly tied up in my settings somewhere...

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It's not really resetting but it suddenly is requiring my "pattern" as opposed to always my fingerprint.. Like I set it up...
Is anyone experiencing this? I'm assuming it's possibly tied up in my settings somewhere...

Yes, I get this too. Have to enter my pin, even though there was no actual restart.

Its minorly annoying. I looking forward to a fix being in my Pie.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
So your guy's fingerprint scanner stop working?

No it works but it just shows the pattern request instead of the fingerprint.. Which won't work.. It's like when you reboot the phone and it asks for that initial password or pattern or whatever.. But the phone has Not rebooted..
It's only a minor deal but I messed around in my locks teen see tings and it hasn't happened since...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No it works but it just shows the pattern request instead of the fingerprint.. Which won't work.. It's like when you reboot the phone and it asks for that initial password or pattern or whatever.. But the phone has Not rebooted..
It's only a minor deal but I messed around in my locks teen see tings and it hasn't happened since...

Oh ok got you, probably a fluke thing

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Randomly I get a request to enter my pattern. It will state that I won't be able to use my fingerprint to open the phone at that point in time but will subsequently.(I use the fingerprint/pattern combination to secure my phone. )

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
you know what I'm thinking if your away from your phone for a while it will ask for pin or pattern like it does on a restart. Some type of security feature.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Randomly I get a request to enter my pattern. It will state that I won't be able to use my fingerprint to open the phone at that point in time but will subsequently.(I use the fingerprint/pattern combination to secure my phone. )

Ha! That's what's happening

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
it is a standard security feature, after so many accesses of your phone, it'll ask you to confirm you PIN. gets a little annoying sometimes but good security i guess