Hi all new poster here. I’m planning on getting note 9 end of the month on contract and going away from my iPhone XS Max as I felt after having iPhones for years I needed a change. It’s got a tad stale so wanted to get what many seem to of called the phone of the year for 2018

Any advice on set it from transferring everything from my iPhone? Can I keep all my albums in the same format that my iPhone has?

Any must have features to use that you use? Anything that needs turning off?

I’m planning to get the 512GB midnight black

Basically same price per month on contract as the iPhone XS Max 256GB is

The features seem endless in terms of what can do on this phone so I’m trying to get as much info as I can so I use it to the best if it’s abilities
    kevinpleasants and Beansr519 like this.
    01-09-2019 06:56 AM
    you can use the smart switch which is in the note to transfer your data over from your iPhone to your note!
    01-09-2019 07:15 AM
    Hi all new poster here. I’m planning on getting note 9 end of the month on contract and going away from my iPhone XS Max as I felt after having iPhones for years I needed a change. It’s got a tad stale so wanted to get what many seem to of called the phone of the year for 2018

Any advice on set it from transferring everything from my iPhone? Can I keep all my albums in the same format that my iPhone has?

The features seem endless in terms of what can do on this phone so I’m trying to get as much info as I can so I use it to the best if it’s abilities
    Excellent choice, and welcome
    Some advice sign into your Samsung and Google accounts that way they back up your device and stay active in the forums as you can pick up neat tricks and learn from the awesome people around here. And last enjoy your phone and see you around the forum.
    Beansr519, Notefan161 and venkatg like this.
    01-09-2019 10:16 PM
    Excellent choice, and welcome
    Some advice sign into your Samsung and Google accounts that way they back up your device and stay active in the forums as you can pick up neat tricks and learn from the awesome people around here. And last enjoy your phone and see you around the forum.
    Thank you

On my iPhone it remembers all my passwords so guessing I can do the same on the note if I log in with Samsung then?
    mustang7757 and Beansr519 like this.
    01-09-2019 11:18 PM
    Thank you

On my iPhone it remembers all my passwords so guessing I can do the same on the note if I log in with Samsung then?
    Yes , you also have Samsung pass to keep your passwords and Google auto fill.
    Beansr519 and Notefan161 like this.
    01-09-2019 11:20 PM
    Yes , you also have Samsung pass to keep your passwords and Google auto fill.
    Great stuff, that was one thing I was worried about
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-09-2019 11:21 PM
    Great stuff, that was one thing I was worried about
    Yeah , Samsung pretty much got you covered with their own system or Google.
    Notefan161 likes this.
    01-09-2019 11:23 PM
    Yeah , Samsung pretty much got you covered with their own system or Google.
    Thanks for your help. Looking forward to using google assistant too. Much better than Siri. Be nice to say hey google and it working
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-09-2019 11:25 PM
    Thanks for your help. Looking forward to using google assistant too. Much better than Siri. Be nice to say hey google and it working
    You have 2 assistant on the phone Google and Bixby also have secure folder to hide pictures or apps in folder with pin or fingerprint , as you go along you wil learn more things on your device and here.
    Beansr519, EMGSM and Notefan161 like this.
    01-09-2019 11:27 PM
    You have 2 assistant on the phone Google and Bixby also have secure folder to hide pictures or apps in folder with pin or fingerprint , as you go along you wil learn more things on your device and here.
    Cheers will do as much research as possible. So many features compared to my iPhone
    mustang7757 and Beansr519 like this.
    01-09-2019 11:29 PM
    Cheers will do as much research as possible. So many features compared to my iPhone
    Yeah lots of stuff, theme store and galaxy app store your going be like kid in a candy store lol...cheers and enjoy
    amyf27, Notefan161 and Beansr519 like this.
    01-09-2019 11:31 PM
    Great choice Notefan161. You wont regret it.
    01-10-2019 04:10 AM
    Use a cross platform password manager?

Apple's iOS to Android did not work for me.

Android Pie drops in couple weeks. Would be unlikely to ship with it. Sounds like carrier phone.
    01-10-2019 01:51 PM
    I haven't use Siri since the 7 plus. 100% agree. Google assistant is way better than Siri.
    kct1975 likes this.
    01-10-2019 02:11 PM

Don't forget to set up bluetooth pen features and enable Dolby Atmos. I believe it's disabled by default.
    mustang7757, Beansr519 and kct1975 like this.
    01-10-2019 02:16 PM

Personally, I think 512 is a bit over kill. If you're not aware, but Android does come with option MicroSD storage if you ever need for more space.
    01-10-2019 04:05 PM
    My h as I like Note, on my 3rd, I'd ask why and why not hold out for a 10 and come with 256GB base model. Want to dive into Android look into S9+ or 10. Get to know Samsung phone without $$ commitment even if monthly is $40.

I get option to upgrade after 10 months which I do.

Samsung will likely offer more trade in value than AT&T ever will also.

I think S10+ will be more fun right now ~March

Keep Checking http://www.sammobile.com
    01-10-2019 04:25 PM