I have a Note9/512GB (T-Mobile)

Love this phone!!

There are only a few apps I use and one of them is ACR Pro

Recently got a notice from them stating that the call recording will no longer work after an Android update (can't remember which one, but I think it said Android 9)

T-mobile just gave me a notice that it will perform and auto update to Oreo 8.1.0

I've read that this update may or may not affect the ACR app, but I'd rather NOT lose the ability to record my calls.

Is there a way to disable these updates that take away all the fun?
    01-12-2019 12:09 AM
    I don't think you can stop updates sent by the carrier, but speak to them about it.
    01-12-2019 05:21 AM
    I don't think you can stop updates sent by the carrier, but speak to them about it.
    A carrier is most likely going to say you can't stop them and then try to tell you how good it is to update, even if it is possible to stop them.

With any phone, if you can root it, there are ways to block OS updates. Even without root, there are sometimes (not always) ways to prevent it, but it can be different for every phone. I don't have a Note 9, but hopefully someone with your version will see this thread and let you know if you have any options.

And if you do wind up having the OS updated, that doesn't automatically mean any of your apps will stop functioning if they are not updated as well. That's a rather uncommon problem.
    belodion likes this.
    01-12-2019 08:15 AM
    Thread moved to the Note 9 forum for better visibility.
    01-12-2019 08:17 AM
    Pie is more secure. Give em time to catch up. But don't disable updating.
    01-12-2019 09:11 AM
    The app developer already made it clear that their app and any other 3rd party call recording app will not work with the updates.

https://nllapps.com/apps/acr/support.htm

I already went through this when I went from my old HTC Sensation to a Note 3

It sucked not being able to use a simple app that I had been using for work for years and not have it available on a new device.
    01-12-2019 09:48 AM
    I have a Note9/512GB (T-Mobile)

Love this phone!!

There are only a few apps I use and one of them is ACR Pro

Recently got a notice from them stating that the call recording will no longer work after an Android update (can't remember which one, but I think it said Android 9)

T-mobile just gave me a notice that it will perform and auto update to Oreo 8.1.0

I've read that this update may or may not affect the ACR app, but I'd rather NOT lose the ability to record my calls.

Is there a way to disable these updates that take away all the fun?
    Even if you could stop a update , you'll be missing out on fixes,bugs and security patch.
    01-12-2019 10:20 AM
    I'll most definitely keep that in mind, but in my novice experience with phones as well as computers, everytime I've done an update, I gained something that I didn't notice at all in my useage and lost something that I did use.

Case in point, my old Toshiba Qosmio Laptop came with Windows 8

Everything worked lightning fast as it should, but as soon as it forced me to upgrade to Windows 8.1, it got slower and I lost the use of some key functions (bluetooth connection with my phone, multiple keyboard keys went dead, BlueRay burner stopped working, etc.

Spent a month trying ever fix and driver update, but no luck.

Finally broke down and did a full system restore back to Windows 8 and it's been working perfectly to this day.

Anyhoo, does anyone know of a call recording app that will work after the update?
    01-12-2019 01:17 PM
    Have you tried Call Recorder? One of its methods might work (and it's free so why not try it).
    01-12-2019 01:33 PM
    I may very well have to try it since I'm being forced to update.

For now, I'm holding off, but still getting that annoying pop up
    01-13-2019 12:34 PM
    I think it's in the TOS from Google that we agree to forced updates.
    01-13-2019 08:45 PM