Phone freezing/crashing after ARL1 (T-Mobile) update?

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Ever since the December update my phone freezes for about 3 seconds after hanging up then the 'Phone has stopped" message appears. Anyone else noticing this? Any way to stop this?

Attachments

• 40637.jpg
    40637.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 41

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
do a factory reset.
I think that's misguided for a few reasons.

First, as shaimere pointed out, there's already a thread about this problem. Users should always search for an existing thread before starting or replying to a new one. Information about a topic becomes harder for all of us to find when it's spread out across multiple threads.

Second, a factory reset should never be a first resort. The backup and restore tasks for a factory reset can take hours. A smartphone is supposed to enhance our productivity, not burden us with an extra, unpaid part-time job.

Third, the real solution in this case may be in the other thread that shaimere linked to.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think that's misguided for a few reasons.

First, as shaimere pointed out, there's already a thread about this problem. Users should always search for an existing thread before starting or replying to a new one. Information about a topic becomes harder for all of us to find when it's spread out across multiple threads.

Second, a factory reset should never be a first resort. The backup and restore tasks for a factory reset can take hours. A smartphone is supposed to enhance our productivity, not burden us with an extra, unpaid part-time job.

Third, the real solution in this case may be in the other thread that shaimere linked to.

I agree it last resort , but if someone says after the update a native app is crashing that's usually a bad install by the update or something got corrupted.

In that other link that person said same thing after a update native app was broken.

Now the problem is these posters are not giving us what there doing to their phone as they downloading things like substratum which can cause these problems and misleading us how to help them .

Had they told me they did something to the phone to alter it then I would of gave different advice.