Note 10 price is gonna hurt if s10 prices are accurate!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu9BXeGABr4

Over $1400 for s10 Plus? That is a HUGE price jump over the s9 plus for just a year difference.

No way in hell I will buy the s10 plus. If the Note 10 price is like that then I don't know if I'd even buy it. Might just all out and checkout the Porsche Edition Huawei then.

This is just totally out of control. Look at Apple sales suffering with the pricing of the iPhone 10s line.

This will further just hurt sales. I sell cell accessories and I'm not even seeing many Xs or Xs max phones in the wild. Very few. Most gravitated towards the lower priced XR.

Will be interested to see the Galaxy X prices. If it's similar price that might be a better option too if you're gonna pay a lot.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree on the prices, I'll just wait until deals are out if I like what I see, no need to get full price device at launch just to have it.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu9BXeGABr4

Over $1400 for s10 Plus? That is a HUGE price jump over the s9 plus for just a year difference.

No way in hell I will buy the s10 plus. If the Note 10 price is like that then I don't know if I'd even buy it. Might just all out and checkout the Porsche Edition Huawei then.

This is just totally out of control. Look at Apple sales suffering with the pricing of the iPhone 10s line.

This will further just hurt sales. I sell cell accessories and I'm not even seeing many Xs or Xs max phones in the wild. Very few. Most gravitated towards the lower priced XR.

Will be interested to see the Galaxy X prices. If it's similar price that might be a better option too if you're gonna pay a lot.

Nuck-in-futz! :cool: Samsung (...and all these Manufacturers, for that matter) are now pricing on the premise that "There's an A## for every seat!" It's driving me crazy! Absolutely nothing to do with material or manufacturing costs!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Nuck-in-futz! :cool: Samsung (...and all these Manufacturers, for that matter) are now pricing on the premise that "There's an A## for every seat!" It's driving me crazy! Absolutely nothing to do with material or manufacturing costs!

Sales have been slumping for flagships though. I really hope huawei can eventually take off in North America and give the big two a serious run with high end phones. I will jump over the huawei then.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't like how expensive they're getting, but they do keep getting more expensive to build, and no one is forced to buy an expensive flagship. The phone market is getting more and more like the PC market, plenty of quality options that the masses can afford but you're gonna pay for it if you want the best.

It's not going to change anytime soon unless consumers speak with their wallets, and many of us complain while continuing to buy.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Never pay full price for a Samsung. They almost always start discounting a month or two or three after release and keep going down from there. That's why I feel they just don't hold there value after you buy them.

I'd pay full on a OnePlus though. OnePlus6T Mclaren... 10GB ram and 256GB storage for $700. 8GB version for $579... I don't know where Samsung is justifying the cost here. In-glass FPS can't be an exclusive premium now... they are the last ones to offer it.

I'm lucky I can take advantage of corp pricing from my company (got my Note 8 for $460 and co-worker got his Note 9 for $500 at release). Otherwise, I'd probably be seriously looking at a McLaren 6t or Huawei model for much cheaper.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Never pay full price for a Samsung. They almost always start discounting a month or two or three after release and keep going down from there. That's why I feel they just don't hold there value after you buy them.

I'd pay full on a OnePlus though. OnePlus6T Mclaren... 10GB ram and 256GB storage for $700. 8GB version for $579... I don't know where Samsung is justifying the cost here. In-glass FPS can't be an exclusive premium now... they are the last ones to offer it.

I'm lucky I can take advantage of corp pricing from my company (got my Note 8 for $460 and co-worker got his Note 9 for $500 at release). Otherwise, I'd probably be seriously looking at a McLaren 6t or Huawei model for much cheaper.

I agree with you on prices , but Samsung in display fingerprint sensor is using different technology ultrasonic which is way different then the other using right now in the market as it detect wet finger.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
The fact that these deals are available by just a few months after the initial sale confirms they were overpriced. Unfortunately such deals don't presently exist where I live.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I agree with you on prices , but Samsung in display fingerprint sensor is using different technology ultrasonic which is way different then the other using right now in the market as it detect wet finger.

Should have just kept it in the back. I have no issues with the finger print scanner on the Note 9.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Most people buy phones on lease and don't worry about the full price. Only some do. I think most did not buy the 10s because it is an 's' phone and they knew there wasn't much difference then any other previous iPhone out there. The price did play a factor, because even those who lease would have had higher monthly payments. There are still plenty of iphone enthusiasts who will buy no matter what, just like Note fans.

I lease mine because I don't want to be bothered trying to resell or figure out a way to trade in. I did buy my Note 5 outright and still have it, because I couldn't get a Note 7 before it was discontinued. Plus I lease mine because it's my entertainment device (no internet or wifi at home), hand held computer, camera, phone, connection to friends and family, search engine, shopping device, sometimes reading device (Kindle Paperwhite much better screen), gaming device... So the price is worth it to me to use it for all of that and then some.

I bought my Note 9 when tmobile had no down payment, dropped the price over $100 and I could just swap my Note 8 with it. I'd probably do the same with the Note 10.

ETA I guess I shouldn't say "lease ". If I pay it off it's mine. If not, I turn it back in to tmobile. But it's basically a lease because I have no desire to keep it or pay the full price.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's getting ridiculous. Good thing Samsung device's always come out with better deals and sales VS Apple. Also, if Samsung sees poor sales we'll at least see price drops. Apple will never drop their prices once a device is released until the next model comes out.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it's getting ridiculous. Good thing Samsung device's always come out with better deals and sales VS Apple. Also, if Samsung sees poor sales we'll at least see price drops. Apple will never drop their prices once a device is released until the next model comes out.

I couldn't wait two months for the price for unlocked to drop on Amazon and such. I needed it NOW. I need new Note now! I pay in full and buy unlocked. Just order it and shipped to my house. No having to go to a tmobile store and wait an hour to get the phone. Unless a hurricane gets in the way of my Note shipping on time!

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't wait two months for the price for unlocked to drop on Amazon and such. I needed it NOW. I need new Note now! I pay in full and buy unlocked. Just order it and shipped to my house. No having to go to a tmobile store and wait an hour to get the phone. Unless a hurricane gets in the way of my Note shipping on time!
trust me I know the feeling.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Looks like Samsung is being stupid and using the 2018 Apple model of selling phones with insanely high prices. I refuse to pay that much for any phone, whether it be Samsung or Apple. Looks like Samsung will have a loss in Q2 in phone sales because nobody will buy their expensive devices, if recent Apple stock prices are any indication.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I don't like how expensive they're getting, but they do keep getting more expensive to build, and no one is forced to buy an expensive flagship. The phone market is getting more and more like the PC market, plenty of quality options that the masses can afford but you're gonna pay for it if you want the best.

It's not going to change anytime soon unless consumers speak with their wallets, and many of us complain while continuing to buy.

Uh, if recent Apple stock prices are any indication, phone prices will NOT stay high for long. Apple isn't selling their newest iPhones, even the cheaper XR because consumers think they cost too damn much.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Apple fixed 11,000,000 devices when they did the $30 battery replacement. that is a huge reason they lost sales, especially since it happened right before the 10 came out.

I was thinking about upgrading my Note8 with one of the ten line. but at those prices probably not.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Looks like Samsung is being stupid and using the 2018 Apple model of selling phones with insanely high prices. I refuse to pay that much for any phone, whether it be Samsung or Apple. Looks like Samsung will have a loss in Q2 in phone sales because nobody will buy their expensive devices, if recent Apple stock prices are any indication.

So for people itching to get the s10 they might want to really try holding out a couple months. However, the Note 10 will be coming out then. Lets hope S10 sales tank big time so they lower the Note 10 price!

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Watch that backfire , if the price is accurate. Even with trade in and discount, it'll still be $1k if not more. They'll probably offer note 9 users a lower trade in value compared to the iphone equivalent.