I have a Galaxy S9+ now, and was thinking about getting the Note 9. Is there a BIG difference between the two besides the Pen? Did anybody have the S9+ and change and glad they did?

Thank in advance
    Kirkturk
    01-14-2019 06:59 PM
    The hardware is different for camera and a few improvements in the OS, but mostly you'll get the same experience. Only if you REALLY need the camera features or the S-Pen will you notice a true difference.

I move from the S line to the Note every time thanks to T-Mo's JUMP! program, and while I do like the S-Pen, I can say that in MY case, I can live without it because I have a tablet with a pen that lends itself better for note-taking. But when I use the pen on the Note, it definitely does make things easier, like picture editing or quick notes. The remote feature I've only used a couple of times, nothing more than a novelty IMHO.

But with the S10 announcement next month and rumored (and pretty much semi-official) release in March, not sure buying a Note 9 is the best idea right now (at the very least, once the S10 is announced, the Note 9 might drop in price and you'd get a better deal).
    kirkturk likes this.
    01-14-2019 07:13 PM
    Thanks,
    So the camera is different as well? More mega pixel? Or just different features?

Thank you
    01-14-2019 07:20 PM
    Just software features... nothing too noticeable, either.
    https://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...9-vs-galaxy-s9
    The cameras, too, are the same on the Note 9. Don't be fooled by Samsung's new "intelligent" camera features — those are minor changes to the interface and shooting experience, not dramatic improvements to the actual quality of the photos you take. The Galaxy S9+ is just as capable of taking wonderful shots as the Note 9, even without scene detection
    kirkturk likes this.
    01-15-2019 12:21 PM
    I have a Galaxy S9+ now, and was thinking about getting the Note 9. Is there a BIG difference between the two besides the Pen? Did anybody have the S9+ and change and glad they did?

Thank in advance
    Kirkturk
    Hi have both , the s9+ feels better in the hand but I like the boxy look of the note 9 and the battery life is amazing for me on The note 9 not to say the s9+ was bad but there's a difference. Most other things about same , if you could check it out in a carrier store or bestbuy.
    Beansr519, SpookDroid and kirkturk like this.
    01-15-2019 12:39 PM