Samsung Advanced Messaging - TMobile

techygeek82

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Alright. Here's one for everyone.

My husband and I both have Note9's on TMobile. We're both using Samsung Advanced Messaging successfully. I can see when he's typing, he can see when I'm typing. Delivery and read receipts work as you would expect.

Today, however, we just noticed something weird. I can send him photos and videos just fine, but he can't send me any kind of media. I even sent him a 20MB video and he received it just fine.

He doesn't have any issue sending video or photo messages to others. We're both using the stock Samsung messaging app.

I've compared all of our settings and everything matches. TMobile is opening a ticket on their side but, just shy of doing a complete reset or waiting a few days for them to get back to us, figured I'd check here.

Thanks ahead of time!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
this is first time you guys send pictures or videos? or have you guys sent before and they went through and just this time it acted up?

techygeek82

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
We've sent before. Today seemed to be the first time it's acted up.

I should also note I went through some typical troubleshooting. Wiped the app data and cache. Wiped system cache. Checked APN settings.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We've sent before. Today seemed to be the first time it's acted up.

I should also note I went through some typical troubleshooting. Wiped the app data and cache. Wiped system cache. Checked APN settings.

How about switching sim cards it's a long shot but another step to try

techygeek82

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I thought about that too. The only thing that kept me from suggesting that tonight is the fact that all of his other texts work just fine to others. I did have the rep verify the IEMI and ICCID all matched up, as I've had that problem in the past, and it did.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I thought about that too. The only thing that kept me from suggesting that tonight is the fact that all of his other texts work just fine to others. I did have the rep verify the IEMI and ICCID all matched up, as I've had that problem in the past, and it did.

I know this not a easy one lol
How about force stoping it ?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Then download another message app see if still happens , for testing purposes.

Using another messaging app won't help because they're using Samsung Advanced Messages, which will only work with the Samsung messaging app. Otherwise they'll be using plain SMS and MMS.

To the OP, verify that both of you are using the same version of the Samsung Messages app. Samsung is supposed to be pushing updates for that at about this time. Check the About Messages section of the app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Using another messaging app won't help because they're using Samsung Advanced Messages, which will only work with the Samsung messaging app. Otherwise they'll be using plain SMS and MMS.

To the OP, verify that both of you are using the same version of the Samsung Messages app. Samsung is supposed to be pushing updates for that at about this time. Check the About Messages section of the app.

I understand that they both using enhanced Samsung messages

I wanted see if another message app if they have the same problem with sending pictures/videos because if it happens with 2 different message app then they have more the message app problem, now if it happens only Samsung message app and not the other the issue very well can be with the Samsung app .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

It's not about text messages as they can see the read/write with each other
She sends him videos and pictures and he receives it no problem he cant send media to her but anyone else he can .

They match up the settings and they are exact both phones.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's not about text messages as they can see the read/write with each other
She sends him videos and pictures and he receives it no problem he cant send media to her but anyone else he can .

They match up the settings and they are exact both phones.
It's about Samsung Advanced Messaging. Samsung Advanced Messaging uses its own servers. Samsung is also supposed to be pushing a Messaging update that is based off Google Messenger app compatible with Google's RCS protocol. They already announced it would be coming. If one of them has the new Messaging app and one is not compatible with the new protocol and the other is backward compatible, it would completely explain their issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's about Samsung Advanced Messaging. Samsung Advanced Messaging uses its own servers. Samsung is also supposed to be pushing a Messaging update that is based off Google Messenger app compatible with Google's RCS protocol. They already announced it would be coming. If one of them has the new Messaging app and one is not compatible with the new protocol and the other is backward compatible, it would completely explain their issue.

It's a possibility, but we can figure that out with another message app see if he can send her videos or pictures then we know it's the Samsung app if not then they have to check other things .

techygeek82

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Messaging apps are the same version. Contact sharing is on. Picture messages from other apps is working, but that's to be expected since it's using MMS at that point and not the Advanced Messaging features built in. Photo and video shares with from me to him, but not him to me.

Also, it's "him and him", not "him and her". :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Messaging apps are the same version. Contact sharing is on. Picture messages from other apps is working, but that's to be expected since it's using MMS at that point and not the Advanced Messaging features built in. Photo and video shares with from me to him, but not him to me.

Also, it's "him and him", not "him and her". :)

2 things
*Reset APN
*Reset mobile Data connection,wifi others
All in settings to find

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith