01-17-2019 01:54 PM
28 12
tools
    Hi!

I am not finding this option in my settings, battery, advanced.

I tried putting my phone on a quick wireless charger but that did not kick in the option.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    01-16-2019 12:24 PM
    you can check in device maintenance, 3 dots
    01-16-2019 12:33 PM
    When I go to device maintenance and the three dots I don't get anything for charging.

When I click on battery and advanced, you can see the wireless charging option is not there.
    Attached Thumbnails Fast wireless charging option-screenshot_20190116-095505_device-maintenance.jpg   Fast wireless charging option-screenshot_20190116-095529_device-maintenance.jpg  
    01-16-2019 01:00 PM
    When I go to device maintenance and the three dots I don't get anything for charging.

When I click on battery and advanced, you can see the wireless charging option is not there.
    I'm sorry you said fast wireless charging I was thinking cord fast charging ..makes sense you need a fast wireless charging pad to activate it
    01-16-2019 01:11 PM
    also pie has this feature not sure oreo does dont remember seeing it , but in settings search fast wireless charging
    skatergirl and Beansr519 like this.
    01-16-2019 01:25 PM
    also pie has this feature not sure oreo does dont remember seeing it , but in settings search fast wireless charging
    I put it on a fast charging pad and it did not activate it and I have searched it and nothing comes up. My Note 8 charges fast on that pad and has the option for fast charging in the battery settings.
    01-16-2019 01:35 PM
    I put it on a fast charging pad and it did not activate it and I have searched it and nothing comes up. My Note 8 charges fast on that pad and has the option for fast charging in the battery settings.
    Did you try search it in settings and type in search bar
    01-16-2019 01:42 PM
    Same thing happens on mine, I put it on a Samsung fast wireless charging pad last night but it doesn't fast wireless charger
    skatergirl likes this.
    01-16-2019 01:42 PM
    Same thing happens on mine, I put it on a Samsung fast wireless charging pad last night but it doesn't fast wireless charger
    Using the same cable and brick the stand came with? If so try a reboot see if everything goes back to normal and fast charges.
    01-16-2019 01:54 PM
    Using the same cable and brick the stand came with? If so try a reboot see if everything goes back to normal and fast charges.
    When I put my Note 8 on the pad, the phone said fast charging.
    01-16-2019 02:55 PM
    When I put my Note 8 on the pad, the phone said fast charging.
    That's strange note 8 picks it up but not the note 9 ...got look through again In settings.
    01-16-2019 03:11 PM
    You aren't [yet] on Pie which has improved this area a lot.

I've had trouble with Settings on both Oreo and Pie betas that led to resetting to clear glitches - some serious as Settings is essential and indispensable.

Any 3rd party app might be involved in charging a d battery?
    01-16-2019 03:17 PM
    Hi!

I tried putting my phone on a quick wireless charger but that did not kick in the option.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    Do you mean fast wirelessly charging the Note 9?

If so you need a fast charging pad, a fast charging plug/ adapter AND a cable that is cable of fast charging. Then, it will work.

My set up is an Anker wireless charging pad, an Anker USB to micro USB cable and the Samsung fast charger plug that came with the note 9. This fast charges wirelessly every time. Often where people struggle is because the cable isn't good/ fast enough.

The pad and the cable are both available on Amazon (separately) and are really good value. I love Anker products. Cheap, top quality and durable. I also have two of their power banks for charging on the go. Really fast.

By the way, I am still on Oreo.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    01-16-2019 03:54 PM
    That's strange note 8 picks it up but not the note 9 ...got look through again In settings.
    Okay, so after placing the Note 8 back on that pad, I am not seeing fast charging. So, perhaps I misread it.

The charger is old. It does charge but not fast charge. I ordered a new fast wireless charger today. As soon as it gets here, I will update my post.

Thanks so far for your help.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2019 04:02 PM
    Okay, so after placing the Note 8 back on that pad, I am not seeing fast charging. So, perhaps I misread it.

The charger is old. It does charge but not fast charge. I ordered a new fast wireless charger today. As soon as it gets here, I will update my post.

Thanks so far for your help.
    Your welcome, keep us updated.
    skatergirl likes this.
    01-16-2019 04:13 PM
    Your welcome, keep us updated.
    Okay, I am going to claim partial insanity due to my Galaxy watch ...

After reading your helpful post, I decided to look at the charging block. I moved twice between July and September and things got a bit scattered. I went to the garage and dug up a quick charging block and it works. My phone has been activated with the fast wireless charging and now I can give my friend this older charging pad because I think he is going to buy my Note 9.

Now if I can just get my Galaxy watch to cooperate. I had it GREAT finally, after a month of pain and torture, and then I got the new phone and had to reset everything. Today I force closed all my apps and cleared all the cache in hopes I can get this watch working again. I am really starting to hate it.

Thanks again for all your help.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-16-2019 04:29 PM
    Okay, I am going to claim partial insanity due to my Galaxy watch ...

After reading your helpful post, I decided to look at the charging block. I moved twice between July and September and things got a bit scattered. I went to the garage and dug up a quick charging block and it works. My phone has been activated with the fast wireless charging and now I can give my friend this older charging pad because I think he is going to buy my Note 9.

Now if I can just get my Galaxy watch to cooperate. I had it GREAT finally, after a month of pain and torture, and then I got the new phone and had to reset everything. Today I force closed all my apps and cleared all the cache in hopes I can get this watch working again. I am really starting to hate it.

Thanks again for all your help.
    Anytime, glad its working now
    skatergirl likes this.
    01-16-2019 04:34 PM
    Oh dear. Good luck. So many people have had various issues with the Galaxy Watch. I think I've just been lucky. Everything works, although I've had to figure a few things out. I think it's amazing, but as I say, maybe just lucky. My main gripe was heart rate when exercising but I seem to have sussed that out too (fingers crossed it will stay that way). At the end of the day, if a device is causing you more hassle than enjoyment, it's not worth it. These things are supposed to make our lives easier and add a bit of fun, too.
    skatergirl likes this.
    01-16-2019 04:36 PM
    Oh dear. Good luck. So many people have had various issues with the Galaxy Watch. I think I've just been lucky. Everything works, although I've had to figure a few things out. I think it's amazing, but as I say, maybe just lucky. My main gripe was heart rate when exercising but I seem to have sussed that out too (fingers crossed it will stay that way). At the end of the day, if a device is causing you more hassle than enjoyment, it's not worth it. These things are supposed to make our lives easier and add a bit of fun, too.
    I love everything about the watch but the step tracker. I don't use the heart rate monitor. I am hoping Samsung will finally just come out with an update that addresses all these things.
    sonnnet likes this.
    01-16-2019 04:46 PM
    I love everything about the watch but the step tracker. I don't use the heart rate monitor. I am hoping Samsung will finally just come out with an update that addresses all these things.
    I hope they do, too.
    skatergirl likes this.
    01-16-2019 04:55 PM
    I hope they do, too.
    And I see you saw my post in the Galaxy Watch forum regarding the response from the Samsung rep who works in the office of the president. Lol, getting Samsung to do the right thing is like getting our government to do the right thing. No one wants to take responsibility.
    mustang7757 and jimd1050 like this.
    01-16-2019 06:37 PM
    Don't get me started on POTUS!
    skatergirl likes this.
    01-16-2019 06:40 PM
    Don't get me started on POTUS!
    Oh God. Please don't pollute this forum with politics too! 🙄
    kct1975, sonnnet and skatergirl like this.
    01-16-2019 10:37 PM
    Hi!

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    Advance Feature and then Under accessories.
    01-16-2019 11:00 PM
    Oreo 8.1 Note 9 Device Maintenance Battery Adv Settings Fast wireless charging option-screenshot_20190117-074542_device-20maintenance.jpeg
    01-17-2019 08:49 AM
28 12